1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

HELP!! Force Profiler 2 WILL NOT START

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by knubs, Aug 28, 2009.

1. knubs

knubs New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The Profiler will not start on my computer!!! Nothing happens when I click it...All the other programs and plugins that I downloaded work great but not the Profiler2! I don't know what's going on....I cleared the registry and it still doesn't start...

I'm using windows XPSP3, Intel CPU: T2400 @ 1.83GHz, and 2GB of Ram...

Any Help or Suggestions would be great!

Thank you
  2. knubs

knubs New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the Help and quick response!

I have cleared the plugin interface, and it started up very quickly...but then I added one plugin back into the folder and the profiler never started again, I tried a second plugin after removing the first one, and still the profiler wont start.

*My computer had just rebooted...then I started the Profiler with the empt interfaceplugin folder when it started up quickly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
  3. knubs

knubs New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with it.....it seems to just start whenever it wants to! haha! That's okay though, I will be using an older computer to run the sim profiler...THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! :)
  4. knubs

knubs New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm using my Dell inspiron laptop and it does have a serial port...I have another inspiron that is a similar model with windows XP also and it runs the Profiler with no problems.

When I start the profiler, it acts as if it will start...the loading circle bar is displayed and simply continues to rotate with no change...I finally got tired of it and put my computer in Hibernation mode. When I opened it up, the profiler was running. It is a hit and miss with this process, sometimes it will start and other times it will not..BUT it if does start it is ONLY when I take it out of hibernation...

That's what is going on...I think there is something interferring...I will do a virus scan, maybe this is it.

All of the other programs such as Sender works just fine.

Thank you

-knubs
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Please give us more information.

1.) Are you using X-Sim 2.1.0.2 or 2.1.0.3?
    2.) What interface plugins do you require? SCN5Serial? or something other?
    3.) Are you using the built in serial port on your PC? If not, please disable it in BIOS.
    4.) In the Control-->Panel-->Power Option is it set to High Performance?

Other things to try:
    -Try changing your load order. Start the profiler before the sender.
    -Get all of the Windows Updates and Service Packs!

Lets start with this, because I need to know a version number before we can troubleshoot further.
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am having the same problem. I start the Profiler, the circle starts rotating and nothing happens. Sometimes it won't even show the circle and the program open, but I can see it in the Task Manager and close it.

I am using 2.1.0.3
  7. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I tried 2.1.0.2 with the same result. I have a working Serial and Parallel port. Tried deleting the interface plugins but the 10bitUSB.dll cannot be deleted. With the rest out, the profiler still doesn't start not even the revolving circle, but the program shows in the task manager.

What could be the problem here? I would really love to get it working and move forward with my project:)