1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Help - AVR micro ATMega 8535 - Can't get motors to move

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by HAVOG, Jan 6, 2009.

1. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

High and Low voltage technician, production automa
    Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I'm running the whole thing on Intel Core2QUAD@2400, 4Mgs RAM, 8800GTS, Logitech G25
    AVR micro ATMega 8535@com1 pinout on my mainboard, 2x wiper motors.

This is what i've done so far:

Downloaded new firmware to the controller
    altered xfg.txt in LFS
    opened sender+profiler
    selected LT-G25 and LFS profile in sender
    send data
    started profiler
    Started a race, pause, ALT+TAB out

screenshot1.JPG

What do I do now? How do I make the motors react to force feedback signals or joystick signals?
    The motors center allright. When I try to move them with my hands they resist and center.

I'm totally new to this so...

Henrik

P060109_13.04.JPG

P060109_13.13.JPG

P060109_13.03[01].JPG
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hey Henrik,

glad to see that you have come so far!

Your problem is with LFS and the outsim-plugin currently, and not with the motors or X-Sim.

Check the cfg.txt file once again. Perhaps you've simply forgotten to save it after altering, when closing the window.
    If that does not help then check if you have a firewall activated that blocks the corresponding ports (4124 and 4123) for outsim and outgauge.

Regards
    Christian
  3. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Thanks for your quick reply. Where are you from?

My cgf.txt values are as follows:
    Conn To Master 1
    OutSim Mode 1
    OutSim Delay 1
    OutSim IP 127.0.0.1
    OutSim Port 4124
    OutSim ID 0
    OutGauge Mode 1
    OutGauge Delay 1
    OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
    OutGauge Port 4124
    OutGauge ID 0

When I make the exeption in my firewall - is it the UDP or TCP port??

Henrik
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Henrik,

Nice to see how far you progress as well!

Here are the correct cfg.txt values:

OutSim Mode 1
    OutSim Delay 1
    OutSim IP 127.0.0.1
    OutSim Port 4123
    OutSim ID 0
    OutGauge Mode 1
    OutGauge Delay 1
    OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
    OutGauge Port 4124
    OutGauge ID 0

Also you have to set a proper profile for LFS in profiler. Take a look here:
    re-lfs-profile-for-dc-motor-s-by-tronicgr-t572.html

ALSO you have to set the USO settings in Profiler:

[​IMG]

Regards, Thanos
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    @Henrik
    Seems you have assigned either outsim and outgauge to the same port 4124! Fix that, or better copy and paste Thanos version into your cfg.txt file.

Btw, you can see here where I am from. Add yourself to the list as well, if you like!
    phoogle.php?mode=everyone
  6. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Thnx.. My bad with the wrong port number. Is fixed now.

I loaded the LFS best xyz profile into profiler and disabled my firewall. If I should make it as exeption in my firewall - Do I choose the TCP or UDP port mode? I don't want my firewall completely disabled always.

I now get a hell of a lot of readout in Profiler. but still no go on the motors.

The USO settings is pretty hard to configure? Or am I just stupid`?

Henrik
  7. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

To set the USO settings, click on the menu -> Interface -> Universal serial output

:thbup:

Then you have to load the profile I give here:

best xyz lfs config.rnr

Regards, Thanos
  8. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Yes I already did those two things.. But it's the USO settings I'm a bit confused about. I'm sure my whole problem is laying in these settings.

USO.JPG

Henrik
  9. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey,

In the output string enter AB~255~~y~~x~

The B~x~P~y~ you are using are for the obsolete now BS2 interface!!!!

Regards, Thanos
  10. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Thankx everybody!!.. I know the settings were wrong but did'nt know what they should be.

I now have the motors going on hard impact in LFS.

How do i fine tune the motor-movement so the react when going round a curve?

Henrik

Again Thanks for all your help... I will upload a video so u can see the thing in action..
  11. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Try the following at first: Besides the virtual coordinate system in the Profiler, there are sliders for X and Y. Press the start simulator button and move those sliders. Are you getting full range movements (180°) with your motors?
  12. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

No.. I'm only getting patial movement on 1 of the motors. When going negativ on Y axis it moves right and when i go positive on the x axis it goes left...

Henrik
  13. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Henrik

On the AMC board set the DIP switch #3 to position OFF, to use it as joyrider motion, which each axis moves independent from the other. In such way you can test how each motor is moving and calibrate their range of motion easier. Then you can switch back to SFGT mixing any time you are ready!

Thanos
  14. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Yes i read it in the manual and swtiched DIP3 off.. But now i have no contact with the controller what so ever. I tried swithing back but no luck. I haven't made any changes to the software and i restarted the pc but still nothing...

Strange..

Henrik
  15. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I think there may be a problem with your hardware. Either the AMC, or the h-bridge.

Close the X-Sim software, and try to sort out the problem with your hardware.

A vid could help to make further suggestions...
  16. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Henrik i had similar pronlems while i was learning how to get my AMC interface running and have to say the problems all boiled down to build issues.. silly things like very small solder bridges , missing links , bad crimp connections or just intermittant connections , losst a lot of deveolpment time because of these build mistake ( easily done ) the lesson i learnt was that fault finding was down to check check and re-check because everyone knows this is a proven working inrterface.. dont give up just go over every inch of the circuit boards .. things like are you using the correct serial cable \9 not \null \modem type ) are are the three PCB jumpers removed when programming , can you read any data on the chip using Ponyprog , can you see any info when using hyperterminal .. i used the pony prog to confirm read / write to my controller so knew that programming part of the circuit was fine , i then tried Hyper terminal to check out the send / Recieve circuit side of the interface , my problem came down to my DIY lcd interface pcb ( solder bridge across RS line.. just a few bits to look at. i also used the current limiter on my Power supply to see if i was drawing excessive current when i powered up my AMC and H Bridges and that immeadiatly told me if i had a short circuit somewher and saved me a lot of grief..
  17. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I got it working again. Downloaded new firmware to the controller and it was up and running againg.

I put the controller in Joyride mode (was in SFGT before) and now I got 1 motor working 200 degrees (100 right/left).

BUT the other motor will only go one way. It turns 200 degrees to the right but it won't turn to the left - or 0 position. I have to wind it back with my hand.

Henrik
  18. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I assume there is at least one Mosfet damaged due to any bad soldering, or shortcut (happend to me while screwing the a cable to a terminal connector with a naked screwdriver, touching the screw and the aluminium cooler stripe at the same time...:lol: )

Like wannabeaflier suggested before. Recheck your pcb and search for bad soldering. If you are not able to find anything, then replace the mosfets of the circuit that belongs to the motor that does not work. Or simply switch them, to see if the motor just turns into the other direction then...

regards
  19. HAVOG

HAVOG New Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally made a video of the problem with Tronic AMC...

Hi :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:

I'm running the whole thing on Intel Core2QUAD@2400, 4Mgs RAM, 8800GTS, Logitech G25,
    Tronic controller - AVR micro ATMega 8535@com1 pinout on my mainboard, 2x wiper motors.

The problem is, motor2 can only turn in one direction . Motor1 turns both ways, but only when motor 2 is at setpoint :thbd: .

Video is here:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/vid_vis.asp?VideoID=23135

:sos:
    Henrik
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Try to flip plus and minus on the pot connector of the motor that does not move correctly.