1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Have start problems with Thanos avr and Xsim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Robbi81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey and hello, im robert from germany and have problems to connect to xsim,
    no avr in the interface window, no working output numbers, how can i test whats wrong with my board or cable?
    which serial cable i need, i have a normal 1 to 1 cable, is that right?
    no work with all comports 1 to 4 ,are some settings wrong about the usb to serial adapter?
    have vista and xp testet, please help me, wanna have fun in future with a great xsim motion simulator.
    here are some pictures from my board.

IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG

hope i have a simple failure or mistake.

:sos: :sos: :sos:
  2. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi hast du jumper auf deinem usb zu seriell?siehst du die usb im gerätemanager?
  3. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey tut mir leid ich versteh die frage nicht, welche jumper meinst du?
    im gerätemanager sieht man den adapter mit comport 1 2 3 4 oder was auch immer man einstellt,
    aber das ist ja nur der adapter und nicht das interface avr, müsste doch irgendwas erkannt werden in xsim oder?
    ist der avr im interface fenster nicht zu sehen auch wenns funktioniert?

mfg
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I see you have used 24Mhz firmware... Is your crystal 24Mhz??

Some ATMega8535 chips cannot handle well that high overclocking, you might have to use lower crystal speed and appropriate firmware (22.xxxMhz or 18.xxxMhz).

Also check to see if you have set correctly the settings for the USB2serial connector (FTDI chips need to have enabled the serial printer option)

Thanos
  5. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey thanos, thank you for your post,
    i have now 18 mhz crystal and firmware, it works with xsim yesterday i had tested short.
    but i have one more question to you, in the interface window of xsim 2 is no avr or amc to see.
    is that right, i thought i have to see in and outputs fram your amc 1.5 in the interface window of xsim 2.
    how can i configure that.

thank you
  6. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey guys, i have finished my h-brigde last week, everthings fine,
    but is it normal that the 2 numbers for the pots are running on the lcd when no pots are connected?
    and the amc have start problems sometimes when the h-bridge is connected, when i plug out the max.... chip on the h-bridge it starts everytime.

good day
  7. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, i spend a lot of time in my avr and h-bridge box, and now i have finished my black box,
    i will show you:

Attached Files: