1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Has anyone built a G-suit system, or interested in trying?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Trip Rodriguez, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    2,492Coins
    Ratings:
    +207 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey guys. I'm planning to build a G-seat to add to my sim soonish and I keep running across the G-suit setup as well which seems to be commonly used in conjunction with a G-seat for high performance fighter type aircraft simulation. Here is an explanation and diagram: https://www.acme-worldwide.com/products/dynamic-motion-seats/fighters/g-suit-systems/

Turns out the actual suit itself is available cheap on ebay! I've got an air compressor and tank, so "all" we need to figure out is:

• Computer controlled air pressure valve system
    • Simtools control of that sytem
    • How to use telemetry to drive the system

I'd love to be able to add this. What do you guys think?

Mind you I'm in no rush to start this, the Huey pit still has a long way to go and I have to build the G-seat but it might be fun to discuss.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019