1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

hack forcefeedback signals from MOMO send to a wiper motor

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by jessebarker, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jessebarker

jessebarker New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey Guys,I'
    I'm new and have a question. First of all I've never messed with this stuff before so have mercy. i have a MOMO racing wheel and spliced the wires from PCB to the force feedback motor and looked at the voltage drops and rises i want to hack this signal, boost the voltage and send it to a wiper or some sort of motor to move a chair what do I need to buy? i know how to construct this but not how to get the signal to a motor. its for nascar racing 2003 living in north carolina im a huge nascar fan :sos: .
    Jesse Barker
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,498Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi Jesse and welcome!
    Some time ago I had the same thoughts and came across this forum :)
    If you insist to use the signal from the MOMO I would connect the wipers via a Sabertooth dual 25A motor driver.

Now there’s even a better way than hacking the signal of the MOMO: Use the x-sim software.
    This software extracts more accurate and more meaningful data out of the game directly.
    The simplest way is connecting one or two (or more ;) ) jrks to the wiper motor(s), a power supply, a potentiometer(s) for position control and the x-sim software. Done.
    There is plenty of information in the forum how to do this. For example here.

Enjoy your stay here!
  3. jessebarker

jessebarker New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks you very much! im going try to stay with the feedback hack just because i've thought about it for forever.
    is there a cheaper version of this 25 a motor driver that might be as good?
  4. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,498Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    The SyRen 10 from the same source provides up to 18V 10A continuous and 15A peak and is 60% cheaper.
  5. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    do i assume you want this chair to just jerk you back and forth, its not goint to let you feel turns. imagine what the wheel is doing, its much more complicated then just riggin a motor. you really should look at x-sim.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    agreed with shannon and value.
    If you want the chair to simply move as you turn the wheel and no real motion , hook them up via the hack in the wheel.
    If you want proper motion, 2 x JRKS of which run 14v at 30 amps continuous .