1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Resolved GRID Plugin with steam

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by frankrizzo2, Nov 5, 2013.

1. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    First off I just wanna say how appreciative I am of the new software! Very well designed and easy to use! I've managed to get Dirt 2, R-factor 2 and a few others up and running without any issues. The game Grid however has been a little tougher to figure out. I am running GRID through steam and have setup the plugin with the path to the savegame in documents/codemaster/grid/ but I'm not getting any motion. I've opened up the tuner and it's not showing any data on that either so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or possibly pointing the plugin patch to the wrong folder? I've tried to patch the plugin to a few other locations also but I'm getting the same results. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    I use Grid2 on steam and Grid offline, mmm

Does the GameManager report back Game Running in its status bar - should be blue.

Path is correct please make sure it has a hardwaresettings folder in the same path you have selected and in there it should have a hardware_settings_config file that the game manager actually patches.

If not could you please check that there is a save game and hardware setting are actually being changed once patched. Plus look in the task manager and please report back the Process name for Grid used in steam, as they might have called it different and we will need to add this to the existing plugin. As Grid2 has 2 different starting files depending on what graphics card is used.

Lastly Im happy, happy that you are enjoying the software, yes compared to the previous its a relief to use, for sure.
  3. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    All that I get in the GameManager is the green connected status so I know that it's not connected to the game at all. I checked the task manager and the process name is grid.exe which I'm assuming is how your plugin is setup. I do have a save game and hardware setting but I think I'm going to try and delete them and try to create new ones to patch and see if that works. I've had that folder open when I run the patch and I can see that changes are being made but for some reason I'm not getting any "Game Running" or any motion. Also I was going to mention that Nitro Stunt Racing has changed there .exe name so that plug-in is in need of an update. I'm not trying to create more work for you, I just want you to be aware of the status of the game. Thanks again for your help and all that you have done for the community!!
  4. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Well I just changed grid.exe to GRID.exe and that did it so no worries on that game. I'm off to go racing now!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Well done frankrizzo2, Hey got Grid2 a few off us go online on Saturday nights +8GMT.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,504Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    The case sensitivity of the exe-file will be removed in a future version of SimTools.
    However great you've been able to find a work around! :thumbs
    • Like Like x 3