1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

GRID crashing in windows 7 - sometimes

Discussion in 'GRID' started by bsft, Oct 1, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am running windows 7 professional, x-sim beta 21013, all current drivers, even updated game patch to 1.3, but the game still crashes going into a race, mostly the japanese races. Dunno why, I have tried various compatibilty settings to no avail.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, David.
  2. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    if it crashes without xsim running try you graphics driver also lower settings to test
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I will give it a try. I hope its not a graphics driver issue, I cannot go back to an older driver as the 2 x GTX560 Ti in sli will not work.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope , that didnt work either. The game either doesnt load japanese races or crashes after the race has finished. All other games - USA and Europe work fine. I have re-installed it 3 times. Even tried x-sim beta 2.08, and tried the game on its own. I am running the latest version of the logitech driving force gt driver being 5.10.
    Any ideas?
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only silly sod trying to run GRID under windows 7 64 bit?
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GRID is crashing randomly in Win 7 64 bit

Can any one tell me why GRID is crashing randomly in Win 7 64 bit! I have tried everything. I have the boxed version, tried patches, disable sli, disable anti virus, compatibility changes, re-installed it 3 times, read through MANY forums....NOTHING!!!!
    Am I the only one having a murphys law with this game?!?!?!?
  7. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Re: Grid vs 8 cores cpu issues

Are you running a 8 cores processor?

Grid is not compatible with 8 cores cpus... It was designed for no more then 4 ....

heres the fix :

Open hardware_settings_restrictions.xml with notepad ... find workerMap8Core.xml, and change the 8 to a 4, then just save and play.

There are multiple topics all over internet about it ... I think it's pretty much it but I did it a long time ago ... you might have to change other values as well in the same file, search the web for additionnal details ... it worked for me ...

Try it if you are using a 8 cores cpu ...

Bleco
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Grid vs 8 cores cpu issues

Thanks but no, I am still using the same AMD 965 QUAD core cpu, just a new motherboard and now 2 GPU's. Yes I have tried with SLI disabled as well. Yes I have tried the 8 core fix anyway despite having 4 cores. Do you by chance have a copy of the hardware restrictions file you can share with me, in case I am doing something wrong?
    Thanks, David.
  9. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi David,

I don't have the game installed anymore ... but I have a copy somewhere, I will see what I can do.

Bleco
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Bleco, just to confuse things further, on my pc , it only crashes before and or after a j-speed event, either race day and or career.
    Ergh!
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, just spent 2 hours playing GRID, definitely only crashes after completing a j-speed event, either race day, driver offer, or career. All other races fine.
    This is a weird one!
    ;P
  12. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    There seem to be known issues with freezing vs motion enabled ...

http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Racedriver_Grid

The game has some bug in the network section, so after a network game with motion enabled is set to true, the game freezes in a black screen after each race. You can press the space or return key to get back to the desktop again.

Bleco
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that help. That sounds like the problem, obviously not much I can do then, although it explains the random crashes, usually leaving the quit, and going to black screen, that was under win xp 32 bit.
    Now it crashes after a j-speed event, dunno about that one!
    Still thanks for the help, good thing I do not play online or I would be stuffed :uups: , I will just have to tolerate it. :cheers: