1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Grid Autosport plugin code line changes

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by bsft, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking at an external display to run a dash on and the software I am considering is from siminstruments.com
    There is a line of code change
    <motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="3" />
    would it affect the motion perhaps?
    @yobuddy . @value1 ?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    I would believe so, yes.
    yobuddy
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    crap, there goes that idea then , Hang on, @value1 has suggested a few things for me to try, I hope to get to it tomorrow.
  4. Avenga76

Avenga76 Well-Known Member

Network Engineer
    Balance:
    3,260Coins
    Ratings:
    +853 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @bsft I use a Sim Instruments dash and it is not compatible with Sim Tools

@value1 I would really love it if someone could convert the Simtools plugin to use Extradata=3.

Everyother program that I know uses Extradata=3 so I can use a UDP proxy to get everything going. But Simtools uses Extradata=0 and the UDP packet isn't compatible with any my other programs.

All these programs use Extradata=3. EK Sim SLI max, Dashmeter pro, Z1 Dashboard, FanaLEDs, Symproject SimDash, Sim Instruments, Sim Commander and many more. and Simtools is the only one that uses Extradata=0

At the moment I have the choice of running just my seat mover using SimTools OR running FanaLEDs for my wheel lights and Sim Instruments dash, Symprojects Sim Dash for my gauges and Sim Screens and Sim Commander for my Sim Vibe, GS-4 and fourth screen.

So I am not using my seat mover with codemasters games because I need to turn off all my other gadgets.

Here is a photo of all my other gear running in F1 2013. All the codemasters plugins would need to be converted so it would be a pretty big task.

[​IMG]

and in Grid Autosport

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I have the same problem in GRID Autosport since I also use fanalLed. If I use SimTools leds are not working on my G27
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont even use the LEDS on my G27
    As far as I know dash data is being worked on but is taking time as everyone behind simtools does it in their free time.
    I am awaiting as well....
  7. Avenga76

Avenga76 Well-Known Member

Network Engineer
    Balance:
    3,260Coins
    Ratings:
    +853 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Yeah. I am not too fussed at them moment because I don't play much Codemasters games, and when I do I just don't use Simtools and my seat mover because I would prefer to use all my other stuff like my gauges, Dash, LED's, Sim Vibe and GS-4.

As you can see my rig is fairly complex and it can be a challenge to get so much stuff working together. So far this has been the first problem that I haven't been able to find a workaround for. Codemasters game are a pain because they use UDP. I need to use a UDP proxy to forward the packets to each program but because Simtools is expecting a different UDP format than all my other programs then there is no way I can work around that.

I think it would be quite a re-write because the UDP packets for the Extradata=3 are quite different. The only motion system that uses Extradata=0 is the DBox as far as I know so I think that was how this plugin was coded.

I think the 2 different UDP data packet use different fields or ranges because if I try to use extradata=0 with my other programs then I get a data out of range error. and If you try using Extradata=3 then all the values in the Sim Tools tuning center will flash up to something like 4095 for a split second then Simtools will crash.
  8. HoiHman

HoiHman Active Member

Mechanic
    Balance:
    330Coins
    Ratings:
    +143 / 1 / -0
    Just started a thread about my DIY project.

I would certainly welcome the extradata=1 option in simtools very much. This would mean i can use simtools to move my seat together with the GS-4 and AF in all the ( future ) codemasters games (which i still love)