1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Go forward to which game?

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by rafael_design, May 2, 2011.

1. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi, I would like to buy another game and as rFactor is becoming outdated (please don't get me wrong) and is the only game I play for long time.
    As I prefer simulators than arcade but arcade games are becoming more like simulators and to use x-sim is fundamental so I would like opinions before I make my decision.
    The games in my list:
    IRacing, DIRT3 and Shift Unleashed 2.
    So IRacing is ready for play with x-sim, DIRT3 is not (of course) and Shift 2 need some more time to have it's own plugin, ok?
    What I really want is to have more sintony with the community interests as I see you talking about these games.

Regards!
    Rafael (RafBR)
  2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The best option for you will be rFactor 2 but before that go for IRacing. This is serious simulator - you will be amazed by quality of this one.
    Others are for fun - still great thou. Try Race On as well - another pro sim.
  3. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Skaut69, Yes I am pretty amazed with IRacing graphics and it must be one of the most real simulators out there.
    I have RaceDriver GRID (bought in a promotional price for only $15) and I liked it but couldnt play with x-sim yet.
    I have Race 07 aswell but always prefer rFactor because of LEOFFB that gave to me best feelings when loosing traction on curbs. The graphics of 07 and rFactor are much similar and aswell the simulation i think.
    rFactor 2 would catch all the attention for it self, but it is too far from now.

Two questions:
    If I buy IRacing would I have any problem to play with my wiper motors simulator? I ask because I only see posts of SCN5's about it.

How long one title like NFS SHIFT 2 would take to have it's own plugin? I just want to have a clue to decide myself.

Thanks,
    :cheers:
  4. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi I just want to let you now I have GRID working now!
    Regards!
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If IRacing works with SCN5's, it will work with other actuators and controllers as well. You just have to make a profile, or you could even take a SCN5 profile and adjust it to your seat.
  6. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I was lookin IRacing website and I found it too expensive $69,00/year with basic tracks and cars.
    Is that right? + about $12 for another car/track...
    Most other games costs this price for lifetime, and have free cars/tracks/mods ...
    I really think the game is good but than I could not buy the wrong car :uups:
  7. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

yes iRacing is expensive ... but you pay for what you get ... a fantastic sim constantly being updated ...

there is no other title that comes even close to iRacing in terms of realism ... rFactor, race07, LFS are just outdated sims ...

and with iRacing 2.0 coming this August watch out ISI!!

I am personnaly sold to iRacing ... But if you are looking for titles like Grid, NFS or Dirt, you will be dissapointed ... No arcade here only pure simulator ...

Bleco
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, but can you play offline? I would rather update via the net, then later just jump in and go with no net on.
  9. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You need an internet connexion to use iRacing... There is no offline mode since it's based on montly fee membership ...
    Once you are connected you can race alone in Test mode...

Bleco
  10. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I was afraid of that. I live in the countryside and my internet is radio based and often I get without service :thbd:
    I even installed the x-sim WE becouse of that (I prefer the black edition becouse of the musics :happy: ) so I keep both.

RafBR.
  11. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    One more to try left: LIVE FOR SPEED - Online racing simulator. This is something what might be for you. Great simulator !

http://www.lfs.net/
  12. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, would I have better experience with iRacing/x-sim over rFactor/x-sim ?
    I mean if we forget about graphics, price, etc. Which gives better experience?
    regards!
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Apparently iracing is the go, but expensive to purchase, $69 per year then extra for tracks and cars. Check out the iracing site for more info.
    I haven't tried it as I do not have that much time to spend racing, hence for me I use offline games. But that is just me.
    Go hard!
  14. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Today I finally get my Race Driver GRID to work with x-sim. The graphics are amazing even for such old game (the head position far from the windshield makes me angry!). I played for a while and than back to rFactor.
    I wish DIRT 3 to be at least a little more realistic than GRID.
    The graphics are obvious (awesome) and it will not have a demo version, so Is there any review talking about simulation?
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good to see you had some fun with GRID. I do not know what VGA card you have. I have a GTX460 and I run the game at max everything, it will use up to 900mb of a 1gig card and up to 70% GPU load. I usually race bonnet view for circuit and car view for drift. Granted the game cars are unchangable, but I find it just fun to get in and go.
    I must spend some more time with rfactor and download some more tracks and cars. I am building a frex frame so gaming will be off for a few weeks. Dirt2 is ideally supposed to be run with DX11, although it looks great with DX9. As for Dirt3, we will have to get the game and then make a judgement on graphics.
    www.canirunit.com specifies, DX11 and windows 7 OS for best graphic display. DX9 is pixel shaders 3, DX10 is shaders 4 and DX11 is shaders 5, for Dirt3.
    Smoke 'em up!