1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Game Patch and Output Issue

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Shadow041, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Shadow041

Shadow041 New Member

Sparkie
    Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi Guys,

Ive got a few interesting problems and have been searching the forums high and low and cant seem to find anything on them.

The first problem im having is that i cant seem to patch Race 07. When i navigate to the Race 07 (steam) directory to patch it it never gives me the "patch installed" notification. However if i i point it at Race: The WTCC Game it patches that and give the confirmation.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Secondly Ive been following bsft's guide on setting up the software (im running jrks and worm gear motors) and started up GTR2. The weird thing is that when i load a level and you get to the setup screen before heading out on track, the simulator goes wild and i have to shut it down.

I brought up tuning center and saw that most of the game data input values; ie roll, pitch,sway, surge and heave, were all fluctuating wildly. This was still the case even once you load the track and just have the car sitting still.

I also now have this problem with Race but im not sure why because initially that game seemed to be working ok and it only became a problem when i started to play with tuning center. (which i have now reset yet the problem continues.)

Please help!
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,211Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    If you would post screenshots of your setup, I bet we can help you. :thumbs
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shadow041

Shadow041 New Member

Sparkie
    Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi yobuddy,

i cant seem to post screen shots yet as i havent hit the 10 post mark yet.... it keeps telling me its spam like.. I tried to start a thread on my build but it wont let me just yet...

I've currently got axis 1 and 2 setup as per the jrk guide adn was following that. so i currently have surge setup at 20% in DOF 1. I reset tuning center which has set all of the values to 0.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,211Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Reinstall the plugin to restore your Max/Min values to their default...
    yobuddy
  5. Shadow041

Shadow041 New Member

Sparkie
    Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Awesome, thanks I'll give that a shot. However I never changed any settings when I tried it with gtr2. It was all fresh...

Also any idea why I can't patch race 07?

When I try to patch race 07 it won't confirm the patch but when I point it at race:the wtcc game it will patch that instead. Seems really weird...
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,211Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    what is the process name of your version of race07?
    launch the game - alt to desktop - press ctrl alt del and select the processes tab and look for the process name.
    what version are you running?

thx!
    yobuddy
  7. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Race 07 Patching works fine for me. I've used this folder:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  8. Shadow041

Shadow041 New Member

Sparkie
    Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    That's the same location and nameing that I have mine installed to.
    As for version I'll check when I get home but I got it through steam so I presume it's up to date like all the other games..

I did find this same issue on two of my other computers too... Running Windows 7. It's on a brand new computer built just for the sim with a fresh fully updated windows 7...
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    try looking under Documents for a SimBin folder, I recall patching in a saved fodler with that name
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shadow041

Shadow041 New Member

Sparkie
    Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    ok so ive just had a look, the process name is Race_Steam.exe *32 and in the properties it says it is version 1.2.1.10

The process file location is in the normal steam folder but i will try seeing it if will patch anywhere else...
    • Old Old x 1
  11. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,211Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    It's probably the Userdata folder for race07.
    yobuddy
  12. Shadow041

Shadow041 New Member

Sparkie
    Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Fantastic! Thanks Guys, I've just managed to get it to patch on one of my other computers that had the same trouble so im sure itll be the same for the sim computer, just cant get to it at the minute to try, and it did patch to that simbin folder in my docs.
    Thanks for the help!