1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Game motion code by publishers

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by iceMan17, Aug 12, 2013.

1. iceMan17

iceMan17 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I am new to the Motion Simulation field, and am in the process of building my own Simulator. Apart from doing the intial reading, I am just curious about one aspect. Do game companies release motion code related to games, so that people who build motion simulators can take the motion codes, and have the simulator chair move accordingly, or is the simulator chair movement purely guided by joystick/steering control? I have seen motion code being used by companies like d-box & Blue Tiger, but not sure if it is possible to be used directly without using their hardware.

Also do gaming companies release motion code, or do these simulator companies develop their own code?

Help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi iceMan17 and welcome here in the forum!

The data that is used to move the simulator is data coming from the physics engine of the game, not just the position or movement of the joystick. Companies sometimes publish an official API (Interface) for their games or the community finds the data.
    ISI for example publishes an example plugin in their Developer's Corner, where the describe in detail, how to access the data.

There is no need to buy the special equipment from d-box or Blue Tiger, if you build your own simulator. You can move your platform with the software from here.

Have a look around in the forum and let you be inspired by the various projects described an come up with your own.
    You will have fun! :yippiee: