1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Game manager on remote pc

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by pimpi84, Aug 26, 2018.

1. pimpi84

pimpi84 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 117Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!
    I have quite a big issue.
    My rig: ryzen3 2200g, 16gb ram 2100, gtx1060 6gb, vr through psvr and trinus,
    2dof motion seat with speakers for gamevibe.

I am trying to play pcars2, but as soon as I launch simtool on top, my cpu core 1 and core 2 go to 100%,frames drop to mid 50s - 60s, and also stuttering happens.

Same thing, even though less severe, happens with assetto corsa and rfactor2.

I also have another laptop connected via lan. I moved game engine, game dash and game vibe on the laptop, but again game manager, with its 15% of cpu usage, maxes out cpu cores 1 and 2.

My question is the following:is there any chance to force some processes to run on some particular cores?
    Or, alternatively, is it possible to run the whole simtool package (with game manager also) on a remote pc connected to main pc via lan? That would really save me!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,161Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    You can run game engine on another PC, but game manger should be on the gaming PC.
    There are a couple of plugins that work remotely for a Xbox or PS consoles that you may be able to get to work on the pc version. but that would limit you to like 2 or 3 games.
    Are you running the 2 PC setup now?
    yobuddy
  3. pimpi84

Balance:
    - 117Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply yobuddy!
    Are you referring to the udp plugins? Yes I am aware of those. I was using a ps4 since 2 weeks ago and I was using the udp plugins from vthinsel.
    But assetto plugin is not updated for gamevibe, and there is no udp for rfactor.

I think I'd better start thinking to a cpu upgrade!!! Any advice for a a320 mobo (and vr)?
  4. pimpi84

Balance:
    - 117Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Uh, yes, I am running the 2 pcs setup now... Do you have some ideas? I will be your tester!!! ;)
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,161Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Some ideas on what buddy?
    You won't find a manual plugin for games that do not exist on a console.
    So it may be time to be looking to upgrade.

With that said tho, game manger does not use very much cpu at all.
    Like 1% or so on my PC.
    So I can't see that tipping you system over the edge?
  6. pimpi84

Balance:
    - 117Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi Yobuddy.

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, indeed I am already looking for a mobo+ cpu upgrade.
    Unfortunately I was out of the PC world since 10 years, and now I bought a PC which I thought could be enough, but the CPU just does not cut it.

I read that single thread speed is more important than having a lot of cores (for vr) and one of the suggested CPU is I3-8350k. Otherwise I was looking into the Ryzen 5 2600.
    Do you feel suggesting something from your experience?

Regarding Game Manager, in my PC is sits at 1% when not working, but when the game is launched and "transmitting", it goes to 7-12%.
  7. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,161Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    This is true for almost all games really.
    And hyperthreading does not do a lot for most games either.
    So personally I really like the core i5-7600k
    (links are just for reference, better deals may be else ware)
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...9117728&cm_re=i5_7600k-_-19-117-728-_-Product

Add a Noctua cooler and it will overclock like mad. (this one is huge lol)
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...C6006&cm_re=cpu_cooler-_-35-608-045-_-Product

For a motherboard, I usually go for the best 100$ one that proves to be a good over clocker.
    I bios reset button is really nice thou lol.
    But there is a lot of features on some 300$ ones I will never use.

So I went with a maximus hero IX for my current build.
    (it has the bios reset button I was looking for and also a really nice onboard sound system.)
    It's also a good over clocker.
    (There is probably a better version of the board now, but I remember getting it for just over 100 usd.)

Nothing wrong with AMD either thou.
    I don't really belong to a camp, I'm just glad there is 2 to choose from really.

Hope that helps, Take care!
    yobuddy
  8. pimpi84

Balance:
    - 117Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much Yobuddy!!!!!

Great pieces of information!
  9. pimpi84

Balance:
    - 117Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone.

I just wanted to provide an update.

I moved from:
    MoBo: Asrock A320M-DGS
    CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G

to

MoBo: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
    CPU: Intel I5-8600K

I tested Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Rfactor2, all with 20+ cars on track, and full motion activated (Game Manager, Game Engine, Game Dash and GameVibe) on the same PC.
    Everything runs butter smooth, while with the previous configuration I could not run game engine on the same PC because otherwise CPU would max out.

So, thanks again for the advices @yobuddy, and again thanks for this masterpiece Simtools is.

Ciao,

Paolo
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cornyx

Cornyx New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, AC motor
    Thank you for this topic. A lot of useful information for me