1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Game Engine’s Axis values are not getting out to arduino via serial

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Neman Ahmed, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Neman Ahmed

Neman Ahmed Member

Automation Engineer
    Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    My Simulator is:
    1. DIY
    2. 2DOF: pitch and roll
    3. Actuator: DIY
    4. Interface: Arduino
    SimTools:
    1. Version: 2.1
    2. Game Plugin: Live For Speed
    3. SimTools Licence type: DIY

My Game Engine’s Virtual Axis values are changing as I move in the game but in arduino serial monitor, values are not changing:
    GameEngine_VirtualAxis&Arduino.png

The arduino program is very simple:
    ArduinoProgram.png

It uses com8 and is a nano arduino:
    ArduinoProperties.png

Serial port settings in device manager are:
    DeviceManagerProperties.png

Game Engine’s Interface settings are:
    GameEngine.png

Even if I write Axis1a:
    GameEngine_a.png

the Game Engine’s Axis Testing values are also not outputting the values to arduino via serial, I thought this was happening because I had no license but now I have SimTools license but still there is no serial output:
    SimTool_On_AxisaOutput.png

Even if I set it to DOF output:
    SimTool_On_DOFOutput.png

Or Axis b Output:
    SimTool_On_AxisbOutput.png
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Please note, you are sending data as hex with the <Axis1a> version of your Interface Settings.
    Are you meaning to do this buddy?
    yobuddy
  3. Neman Ahmed

Neman Ahmed Member

Automation Engineer
    Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    @yobuddy, I have also changed it to binary as well as decimal, still no result.
    Actually, I am trying to get serial output first, I will then manipulate the data after