1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FURLO SIM

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by furlo88, Jun 17, 2012.

1. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    X-SIM PROJECT

Hello everyone, I’ve opened this thread to show my sim.
    The project was born from the passion of a group of friends for games machines. At the beginning we thought that our idea was impractical. Be able to send commands to a seat of a game seemed impossible.
    Until one day I found this fantastic forum. I was surprised when I discovered X-sim software (my face O_O). For fear of not finding your page, I saved the page of the forum on my PC as HOLY GRAIL ;) .

the project is under construction. I'll keep the thread updated step by step.

Firstly I want to thank Kevin123 for helping me a lot, (the idea of my SIM was taken from his project.)
    Thank you also Caiubbo84 for the configurations of X-SIM . Finally, I thank the forum x-simulator.de

+Frame+

For the frame I used iron pipes 4x4 and 3x3, for the rest I used some items founded in my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the basis of the sim, made entirely of 4x4 tube, a tube has not been welded yet because I have to decide the position of the wiper motor.
    I welded an universal joint in the center of the seat in order to move it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the part above, it will be attached to the seat.
    The joints have been made in order to adjust the pedals later. The “T” (built in tubular 3X3) serves for the regulation of the motors’ joint.
    [​IMG]

This is how the seat will be put, and in the images below represents the configuration of the pedals

[​IMG]

to make the steering bracket, I used an old skateboard. In that way, I could have more adjustments for steering wheel :)

[​IMG]

This is the result. Looking at the last photo, it is possible to see the pistons of a car trunk, that I decided to add in order to cushion the seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue...

+Electric circuit+

I used for the electrical circuit

- VM110 K8055 http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?c ... &id=351346
    - Sabertooth 2x12 http://www.dimensionengineering.com/pro ... rtooth2x12
    - 650W power supply (it is wasted) buy a used a Pentium 4
    - Power supply 12V 30A http://www.beselettronica.it/product_in ... s_id=10613
    - N°2, 10 Kohm potentiometer
    - Fans for cooling

I followed the wiring diagram posted by Kevin. You can see it in the image below.

[​IMG]

here pictures of my test setup with a single motor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a test video to check the right connections

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hho0Vd11R60&feature=player_detailpage

X-SIM CONFIGURATION
    UNDER COSTRUCTION
  2. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Buongiorno

Dopo averti aiutato mi copi il telaio e lo schema elettrico??? senza pagarmi il copyright??

:D :D scherzo ovviamente :rofl:

Volevo essere il primo a farti i complimenti e a come vedo ci sono riuscito ;) il lavoro vedo che viene su bene :clap: un'altro pò e hai finito anche tu secondo me ha delle potenzialità per diventare una grande sim!!! continua cosi ;)

Ultimamente stò avendo pochissimo tempo (causa lavoro) ma questa settimana sono a casa vedo di postare la configurazione software.... e spero di aiutare gli ultimi arrivati a far funzionare la loro sim ;)

Ps: Le foto perchè non le metti che si possono ingrandire?

Ciao kevin

good morning

Now that you have helped me copy the frame and the wiring diagram?? without pay my copyright?

:D :D joking of course :rofl:

I wanted to be the first to congratulate you and see how I did it ;) I see that the work is of good :clap: another while, and you're done you too in my opinion has the potential to become a great sim! continues so ;)

Lately I'm having a very short time (due to work) but this week I'm at home I see you post the configuration software .... and hope to help newcomers to run their sim ;)

PS: The photos do not wear them because you can zoom in?

Hello kevin
  3. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in realtà dovevo farlo totalmente differente dal tuo ... poi osservando bene il tuo mi piaceva un sacco di più me lo sono studiato bene e devo dire che è più complesso di quello che sembra ! ho cercato di non farlo proprio uguale uguale , però sicuramente è molto simile, le foto che si ingrandiscono non ci ho pensato e sinceramente non so nemmeno come si faccia dovrei guardare XD

I had to actually do it totally different from your ... then observing you well I liked it a lot more I have studied well and I must say that it is more complex than it seems! I tried not to do it just like the same, but it is certainly very similar, which enlarge the photos did not I think and I really do not even know how I should look XD
  4. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Guarda che se mi copiano la struttura io sono molto contento perchè questo significa che a qualcuno piace il mio lavoro :cheers: anzi se lo facevi identico al mio ero ancora più contento :D stò scherzando... ognuno si arrangia come può e dare sfogo alla fantasia... questo è il bello no? anche io ho preso spunto tra i vari post e ho copiato la cassetta elettrica uguale uguale e altre cose quindi non è tutta farina del mio sacco vai tranquillo i forum servono anche a questo ;)

Si la struttura in effetti mi ha fatto un pò penare sembrano 4 ferri invece.... devi calcolare tutto prima se nò devi disfare tutto dopo... comunque di sicuro ti farà diventare un pò matto ma quando avrai finito ti sentirai molto soddisfatto di quello che hai creato.... fidati ;)

Se puo esserti utile nel mio post principale ho messo delle foto senza il sedile cosi vedi meglio la tipologia della struttura tipo questa

[​IMG]

Per le immagini io uso questo http://postimage.org e una volta caricata l'immagine copi anteprima per forum

Ciao Kevin

Look, if I copy the structure I am very happy because this means that someone likes my work :cheers: even if you did the same as mine I was even happier :D I'm kidding ... everyone gets by as he can and give vent to the imagination ... this is beautiful is not it? I also took inspiration from the various posts and I copied the electrical box identically and other things so it's not all my own peaceful lot vai forums also serve this ;)

The structure is actually made ​​me a little bit seem to suffer 4 rows instead .... If you have to calculate everything before nor since you have to undo all ... However, surely you will get a little bit crazy, but when you're done you'll feel very satisfied with what you have created .... trusted ;)

If You might want to post my main I put the photos without the seat so better to see the type of structure like this

[​IMG]

For images I use this http://postimage.org and charging you copy the image preview for forum

Hello Kevin
  5. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    l avessi vista prima quella foto XD maledizione quanto ho penato a capire cosa avevi combinato sotto il sedile ahahhahaahahah

I had the curse before seen that picture XD what I put to it to understand what you were combined under the seat ahahhahaahahah
  6. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Purtroppo non avevo pensato di fare man mano le foto durante la costruzione.....ho rimediato dopo.... comunque come si dice non è mai troppo tardi ;)

Volevo dirti un pò di cose guardando bene la struttura sono solo consigli non tè la prendere ;D

1) ho visto che il giunto non è centrato alla base del sedile bilanciato il peso? oppure lo hai saldato a casaccio?

2) I pistoni che hai messo da ammortizzatore mi sembrano troppo lunghi almeno quello che vedo dalle foto...il sedile è allineato?

3) I due giunti che hai messo per tenere la staffa della pedaliera ci sono dei bulloni anche stringendoli al massimo non credo che tengono lo sforzo.... a meno che non gli saldi una staffa che lo blocca sotto

4) ho visto anche che hai saldato la struttura inferiore quindi calcola che non puoi smontarla in caso di bisogno oppre se un domani lo vendi per costruirne un'altro

Ciao Kevin

Unfortunately I had not thought of doing as the photos during construction ..... I remedied later .... However, as they say is never too late ;)

I wanted to tell you some things looking good the structure is only the tips do not take tea ;D

1) I have seen that the seam is centered at the base of the seat-balanced the weight? or did you weld at random?

2) I have put a damper piston that I look too long at least what I see from the photos ... the seat is aligned?

3) The two joints that you put the pedal to keep the bracket bolts are also tightening them up I do not think that take the effort .... unless the balances a bracket that blocks it under

4) I also saw that you paid less then calculates the structure that you can not take it apart if needed oppre if one day you sell it to build another

Hello Kevin
  7. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehehehe non ti sfugge nulla :D ho una risposta per tutto

1) il giunto e solo saldato nella parte sotto sopra dove va messo il sedile è ancora mobile perchè una volta attaccato il tutto devo bilanciare i pesi nella foto è solo indicativo per far vedere cosa stavo facendo

2) i pistoni , sono solo attaccati al sedile, per comodità almeno sta su e non ciondola essendo che non ho ancora attaccato i motori dietro , quindi i pistoni sono da fissare al telaio tenendo il sedile ovviamente dritto,

3) i giunti all inizio speravo potessero farmi da regolazione ma come dici tu stringendoli primo si piegava il ferro , abbiamo risolto mettendo all interno un anima di ferro, ha funzionato peccato che come dici tu non tiene quindi saranno da saldare .

4) hai ragione non contavo di venderlo anche perchè è molto spartano.

5) l aggiungo io XD l asta del volante ha un po' di gioco quindi non so se andrà bene in un futuro.

ora tocca me a darti consigli u.u .... bhe non ho molto da dire hai fatto una struttura che è una figata !!! l unica cosa che proprio posso dire , con la struttura che hai , il volante che hai mi dovevi comprare proprio il sedile di una smart ? io il mio sedile l ho pagato 65 € usato e sul tuo SIM secondo me farebbe un figurone sarebbe ancora più perfetto
    poi i gusti sono gusti :cheers:

hehehehe you do not miss anything: D I have an answer for everything

1) the joint and only paid in part on where it is placed under the seat is still moving because once I attacked the whole balance weights in the photo is only indicative to show what I was doing

2) the pistons are just attached to the seat, at least it is for the convenience of being and not dangling that I have not attacked the engine behind it, so the pistons are to be fixed to the frame holding the seat straight course,

3) the joints at the beginning I hoped would be my control but as you say, clutching the first bent the iron, we have solved by putting an iron core inside, he worked as a sin that does not say so then will be welded.

4) You're right not because I planned to sell it also is very basic.

5) I add the XD the shaft of the steering wheel has a little 'game so do not know if all goes well in the future.

now it's me giving you advice u.u .... well, not much to say you did a structure that's cool! the only thing I can really say, with the structure you have, the steering wheel that I've had to buy just the seat of a smart? I mine the seat I paid 65 € and used on your SIM would look great in my opinion would be even more perfect
    then no accounting for taste: cheers:
  8. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Sei meglio di david copperfield era tutta illusione hahahahah

Però sui giunti della pedaliera ci ho azzeccato :D

Il sedile fa veramente schifo :lol: lo dice anche mio figlio però e quello che sono riuscito a trovare ho cercato sedili come il tuo usati ma niente neanche su ebay di sicuro lo cambio era già in preventivo calcola che la mia sim e solo un prototipo adesso diciamo che sono alla fase 1 del mio progetto e non ho il tempo per finirlo causa lavoro....ne riparliamo tra un pò di mesi

Avevo trovato questo ma per le mie tasche costava troppo http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0828853594

In effetti il tuo sedile e molto bello sei stato fortunato a trovarlo a quel prezzo e OTTIMO :thbup:

You're better than david copperfield illusion was all hahahahah

But on the joints of the pedals I have guessed :D

The seat is really disgusting: lol: But it also says my son and what I could find your seats as I tried, but nothing even used on ebay for sure I change my sim is estimated that only a prototype, and now we say they are phase 1 of my project and I do not have time to finish it because of work .... I'll talk about a few months

I found this but it was too expensive for my pockets http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0828853594

In fact your seat, you were lucky and very nice at that price and EXCELLENT :thbup: