1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Frouenque motion simulator project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by frouenque, Oct 18, 2009.

1. frouenque

frouenque New Member

Embedded software engineer
    Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all !

I read you for a long time and I decide to register ont the forum to present my project (or my idea) and t ask you some questions.

First of all, I will present myself : I'm a french 22 years old man, who love car simulator. I live near Paris where i work as embedded software engineer . I've made a static cockpit last year and I want now to switch to a motion simulator. My favorite simulator is rFactor :D

You can see on the picture bellow my static simulator :

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

My idea is taking the seat and buy a new G25 to build a motion simulator with alu profile and wiper motor, with Tronicgr cards. I found a place where I can made make the card for ~50€. I think it's preaty cheap.

Now I have two questions : I want to use wiper motors which need lot of current. I'd like to know which supply power I have to use. I found PC supply with high output current for each 12v line (20A) but I don't know if this king of supply can be good for 2 wiper motor (see http://www.xigmatek.com/product/power-nrppc502_jp.php for more details). This supply cost ~60€. What do you think about ? My problem is that the supply must be available in France.

The second question is about wiper motor. Do you know a good candidate for a motion simulator ? I've red that someone use Renault Clio wiper. Are they good ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and sorry for my bad english ;)
  2. frouenque

frouenque New Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have receive the cards !!!!!! :D

I had to buy the components.

I'm happy.

img0191im.jpg

Attached Files:

3. frouenque

frouenque New Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The AMR and H bridge cards are now mounted and work perfectly.

I have just a problem which is that I have to configure the serial port at 38400 bauds insteed of 115200 bauds.

I can now control the led of the H bridge through X-sim.

I'm very happy and I can now think about the cockpit architecture.

Thanks Tonicgr for all your work ;)

Attached Files: