1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

From Wooden Box to Motion Simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by pitstopp, Jul 21, 2009.

1. pitstopp

pitstopp Active Member

Balance:
    634Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SimforceGT
    Hi,
    before I present my Project, I want to introduce myself.
    My name is Kai and I live in Dortmund, Germany.
    I play GTR evo and NFS for around 3 years in my Wooden Box.
    Nearly one Year ago my son saw a Motion simulator on Youtube. He meant that this will great Fun to have such Thing. Well thats right, but the effort and the costs are way to high I believed
    Couldn`t stop thinking about that myself, so i searched on Google about related Projects.
    The answers on most of my questions I found right here.

Here is the point to THANK the Initiators and all Members who share their KnowHow and Time, to answer all the Questions and happily resolve all Projects.posting.php?mode=post&f=22#

First I had to figure out what design I will choose. Because the Rig has to fit for my Kids and Me. The Kids will carry on play NFS and other Arcade Games on the Rig. So I have choosen a Platform where the Seat is fixed and the Wheel and Pedals can be adjusted.
    This will give not the full Motion like Fr*** , I know that, but it seems to be a good compromise to me. If not I will be able to cut it apart an I will have an original Fr*** style. From this follows that I have to keep any eye of the weight. The complete Platform with seat and Pedal / Wheel has around 37 Kg, I myself have 76Kg. I hope That the SCN 5 will move that Load?!?
    I have to choose SCN5, because Wipermotors and all the electronic will overstrain my skills.

Best Regards
    Kai

Here is the current standing without the basic Platform

Attached Files:

2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  3. iracer88

iracer88 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

What are you using under the seat for the pivot? Just wondering what it is, cause it gets it higher off the ground?

Attached Files:

4. pitstopp

pitstopp Active Member

Balance:
    634Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SimforceGT
    Hi

it is a Kardan joint from an old Fiat steering!
    It was my first try it`s much too high.
    So I bought a better one from Michael N
    A Friend made this rock Solid adapters so it will work .
    Hope so !

Best regards

Attached Files: