1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

For Sale: NE USA AC 6DOF rotary setup

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by Trip Rodriguez, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Actual Simulator:
    [​IMG]

My rotary build is great for racing but it doesn't meet my admittedly high standards for flying so I'm building a rig custom tailored to flight. I demand absolutely "fluid" motion for my flight simming.

This stuff is extremely heavy so shipping is probably not an option! Located in Lake Ariel, PA USA. I Can probably deliver it for $2 per mile or so. Hundreds of miles ok, thousands of miles we can talk.

I'm selling it complete, with a possible exception of the frame to bolt the gearboxes down to which I'll discuss at the bottom.

This stuff cost me well over $6,000 once I paid for shipping. Probably over $7,000. Make an offer, I'm not going to be unreasonable so don't be afraid to throw a number at me.

Included:
    • 6x 3/4HP industrial electric motors
    • 6x cast iron industrial worm gearboxes 60:1
    • 6x Hitachi WJ200 inverters to drive them
    • 2019 Thanos AMC1280USB to interface to your computer
    • Position sensors with custom adapters and brackets
    • Custom made stainless steel bellcrank/torque arms with 100/130/160/190 mm radius available
    • Six aluminum struts with decent quality ball joints at both ends
    • Welded steel upper platform for the seat and sim controls

Bottom Frame: I had the actuators bolted directly to my server room flooring so there is no bottom frame. I can make one, but that will take considerable time and effort so if you can make your own that might be better.

Also available, circuit breaker sub-panel and wiring to hook it up to your home's electricity supply. I can provide the actuator covers seen in the video but you will have to modify them to fit with the bottom frame that will need to be added.

Thanks for any interest!

Trip
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. duckdown

duckdown New Member

Balance:
    122Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I am curious as to what you are looking to improve in your new build relative to this one. What do you mean by fluid motion? I am in the process of designing a build and am trying to learn what the different build options mean for the end result in performance. I would appreciate your thoughts on what you would do differently (components, concept design, gearing, etc.) in your new build to achieve the fluid motion you are looking for. Do you think that it is possible to make a build that is good for racing and flight or are the requirements too difficult to achieve with one rig design?

Thanks
  3. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF