1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT set up with DC Motor and Double BTS7960 drive

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Flymen, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hello everyone ,
    I am on my second assembly with the FLyPT set up (ESP32) activated by opto and relays to control the output signal , but this time, I control the Double BTS7960 drive with 2-pole Magmotor motors and it works quite well.
    ESP32 module accepts feedback from 500 p/r encoders and does 'nt seem to jump step with two motors on ESP32 module.
    However, I have two problems now :
    1-Dc motors make Harmonic noise (see video)
    2- When the actuators are moving, I have small vibrations or ripples in my signal to the motor , with some filters and lower PID it helps but not enough. The best frequency on Esp32 Sketch found is: #define PWM_FREQUENCY 5000 because higher or lower , the motor makes more noise. ( see video )
    Thanks for your help !!
    @pmvcda
    Vibration from PWM signal - YouTube
    Vibration from PWM signal ? - YouTube
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  2. Flymen

Balance:
    2,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi ,
    This video is a good exemple for problem with harmonic sound from DC motor .
    Control Large Gearmotors with PWM & Arduino - YouTube .

DC Drive with one direction input and one PWM control ....Cytron 13 A DC MD10C .
    This drive seems good .... with the ESp32 driver from FlyPt Sketch , I don't need relay and opto for this drive and maybe less problem of harmonic and vibration from my output signal , but more expensive like 50-75 $can instead of 4$can for the BTS7960 .. Mmmm I'm going to buy one to see the difference
    Pilote moteur Cytron 13 A DC MD10C : Amazon.ca: Outils et Bricolage
    or
    Pilote De Moteur Md13s-cytron 13amp - Câble Enrouleur - AliExpress
    and cheaper one BTS7960 :
    Double BTS7960 – module de commande de moteur haute puissance 43A, pont en H, pour voiture intelligente, outil de diagnostic de courant, à faire soi même | AliExpress

FLyPt Sketch : Showroom - FlyPT - 6DOF Brushless DIY Actuators (xsimulator.net)
    See: Code for ESP32 with internal PID calculation, version: 11.3.is from 17-04-2020:
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  3. Flymen

Balance:
    2,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi , ( Problem number two ) @pmvcda
    After somes test , you will see on this video , with the FlyPt Mover program that when I select Icon * Rigs * my vibration come from there !!!! And I don't know why ..... missing ground led ???... or somethings else o_O
    and when I Hide this page * Rigs * everithing is fine ! Realy strange
    (1) Vibration with Dc Motors and FlyPt mover - YouTube
  4. ahoenksiluman

ahoenksiluman Member

Balance:
    89Coins
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    maybe you can try arduino uno with smc3 firmware
    it works well for me, and it have lots of adjustment