1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I have run into a slight roadblock vis-a-vie DCS. The only other game that I have tried with the latest version (2.08) is No Limits 2 which works perfectly. DCS worked with 2.04 but will not with 2.08. I have copied over the default.lua included with 2.08 but do not get any data from DCS according to the Source menu (DCS AIR (UDP)). I have not tried to reinstall 2.04 and try it again to verify that the issue stems from the version of FlyPT.

I am using the Beta version of DCS which has it's saved game directory in this format: (user)/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts. I have also updated to the latest version of the beta so that might have broken something.

For giggles I have also copied it over to the scripts directory under the main game location (Program Files). No joy. This of course only after it did not work in the default location.

I load a free flight instant action A10 for testing. No data while flying and of course none while tabbed out with game running.

Any ideas?
  2. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    HI,
    Made some changes and I think it's the wrong lua file.
    But I can only look at it tomorrow.
    Sorry.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    No hurry, thanks for checking into it.
  4. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi @pmvcda quick question , im now running latest version of mover with AMC AASD15 Controller firmware V2.8 soft start , Again this could be me and finger trouble but i cant seem to get Motion anymore ... all the mover modules seem to be ok and the settings im using were the ones that work with Previous Mover version 2.73 ..... i have connection to AMC OK have the Loop test Modules Running Pitch and Roll OK , can see the Rig display Moving in synch with loop Data and selected correct ouput source for Motion ... But nothing happens .... The AMC say Online receiving data and i can see the datastring being sent in the Module so was expecting at this stage to Get test Movements as per normal .

if i switch to and run V2.73 the system performs as i expect it to during loop testing ... my only other issue is that if i hit Online / Offline switch there is a serious Jump caused by actuator trying to get to Pose Position after Button is reset ...

On another Note These actuators take no prisoners and are so damm fast and powerful i can sometime feel Frame twisting if they get out of synch (it feels like are moving at different rates to target position thats causing the twisting feeling ) im 100Kg and platform is a fair ol lump of weight as well and it throws me around like rag doll with ease , if i use Cursor controls in Motion Module .... ( is there a way to damping Cursor speed ) don't want to get whiplash before i have even driving it in simulator mode :-0 :)
  5. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,419Coins
    Ratings:
    +234 / 1 / -0
    Apply a high pass filter to the motion you are moving with the mouse and you will get very nice results. That was one of the first things I did and was very pleased with the results.

Edit: whoops, make that low pass as mentioned below.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  6. wannabeaflyer2

wannabeaflyer2 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,286Coins
    Ratings:
    +950 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Cheers @cfischer will give that option a try , a member allowed me to use his AC Profile so will check to see how that was configured .. all part of the learning curve :) always said making these things is easy by comparison to tuning and learning new software LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Please, use the low pass! The low pass makes everything smoother. You can use it in the rig filter, where you lower the general rig gain.

EMALP(VALUE;100) for example
    Increase the 100 value to make it even smoother
    • Like Like x 2
  8. F-Zero-One

F-Zero-One Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Ok I have definitely hit the limits of my knowledge now, wow FlyPT mover, how does it work, I get the source and how to connect everything including simtools, but I cannot see any controlled movement in my actuators?

They just bounce between max and min.

What do I not understand?

The actuator I built are flypt ones, any help appreciated picture attached

Les

Attached Files:

9. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    For testing you don't need SimTools. Right now, you use SimTools for games that are not directly supported by Mover.
    In the output window, you have to use this:

upload_2019-12-16_1-30-35.png

Since each board has 3 actuators, you need another output for the second board.
    By default, Mover comes with a loop test. Try to use it for testing. If needed, download it again. The default file has that loop or add it as a source.
  10. Tim Palmgren

Tim Palmgren Maker / Motion Fanatic

IT Recruiter
    Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Any chance we can get the IL2 telemetry as a source at some point? I believe it is just Yaw Roll and Pitch translations and accelerations so getting it up to par with simtools would be pretty easy I think.

I have seen some people talk about pulling in traction loss from Yaw speed data and then using the loose DOF function to add it anyone have an example formula for something that would be useful?
  11. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

I would like to try and put it in. But IL2 is one of those that don't give telemetry, so we have to scratch everywhere to get it and then they make an update and we have to do everything again.
    Before going on this type of data capture, I want to stabilise what is currently done.
    Elite is on the same situation.

Current list of WIP is:

-Repair DCS (doing it)
    -Get GPBikes by Piboso source (99% done)
    -Since I have done GPBikes, I also have done World Racing Series by Piboso (99% done)
    -Working on FSX source and all aircraft games sources. Trying to match them all and make them work in a similar way (50%).
    -P3D is a copy of FSX, so at the same level.
    -Started some old games. Work at around 50% but stopped for some time (GTR, GTL, not using them right now, so...).
    -Optimising code.
    -Repair UDP output to send to all connected network boards (think it's done, needs testing)
    -Solving small bugs
    -Maybe add a TL traction loss value for car games to simplify setups. Still thinking if it's worth.
    -Solving small bugs
    -Trying to write the manual. I hate to write those things, and it's always changing when I make an update. It needs to be more stable in features.
    -Still testing new filters ideas for collisions and to simplify setups (but I think I'm not achieving what I thought possible, let's see)
    -Solve multi source record /playing in games that use that feature (don't know yet how to do it. Some ideas.)
    -Enhance record/play of recorded files and phyphox files.
    -Solve auto connect in outputs

So if you see something missing from the requests or a problem that needs to be solved, please point it to me. Have some hard work days this end of year. It's delaying progress :(.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tim Palmgren

Tim Palmgren Maker / Motion Fanatic

IT Recruiter
    Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Oh the main reason that I mentioned IL2 is that the devs exposed telemetry a few months ago which is why we have a simtools plugin now. If it is an easy job it would be great to have but worst case scenario I can just fire up simtools for that one, no stress :)
  13. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Oh, did not know. Then it should be easy to add.
    Don't have IL2 right now,, but I will take a look at the telemetry.
    Add it to the list!

Edit: A link to the telemetry info would be great
  14. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  16. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    upload_2019-12-16_20-1-18.png

Done. :thumbs
    New build in the next days. Give me feedback if it works.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. benmax

benmax Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,550Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    A view in the soft where you could watch what process box are linked to what other box . Like a graphic view ahaha !
    You ask so I propose lol
    I don’t know if it’s clear ?
    I thought at this last use because I have several setup !
    It’s not necessary it was just a suggestion
    • Like Like x 1
  18. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,608Coins
    Ratings:
    +360 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi @pmvcda !

I kindly want to ask a short question: Can I enter somewhere in your mover interface an offset value , so that the motor control (in my case an Odrive) is allowed to have its zero-counting-point on the lower endstop (actuator retracted) but the mover interface has its zero point at approx. 50% of the total stroke? I somehow need to solve this problem.

And even better, that the actuator drives automatically (and slow) into this middle position?
    I would highly appreciate your answer!!

Thanks a lot!!!
    Wickie
    • Like Like x 1
  19. F-Zero-One

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Well I tried the setting but I had already, when I connect using the output all the actuators seem to do is like a sine wave test like the loop.

I can play the game see data and see the graphic move but the actuators just do the test I think

20. F-Zero-One

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Also I see the numbers in the comm output control move as if the they are working but the actuators just move top to bottom

this is a terrible video

Attached Files: