1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Michail

Michail Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Hello I would like to to try flypt mover for virtual motion compensation, can I use the simtools gameplugin?
    Or need more? In the section sources, there are my games, PCARS2, AC and AMS2 do I need extra plugin for?
    Do I need extra subscription like SRS? Do I need extra hardware for "virtual" controller to get right with motion compensation? Sorry I am completly new. And I learn day over day

will it work in 2dof plus traction loss or only full steward 6dof supported?
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  2. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Ok just try your tutorial for dirt rally 2.0 in YouTube to setup the rig dofreality h3 which is similar to my diy and no rig 2dof plus traction loss found to choose.

I struggle a lot and hope, that I can use this one to make it better.
    i want to make virtual tracker as well for ovmc. But first I have to make a good profile for the motion. Unfortunately there are no tutorial on youtube with 2dof.. only 6dof

I love the suspension and special the rpm vibrations.
  3. Mauricio

Mauricio Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Im using Cessna or Bonanza. Thank you so much for your help.

Attached Files:

4. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Just in case you haven't noticed yet: with current version of FlyPT Mover you have access to the online repository. There's at leat one DR2 file by Zen, haven't checked for how many DoF it is. But you may learn a lot by looking into other 2 DoF profiles.
  5. imagebuff

imagebuff New Member

Balance:
    269Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Trying to get Pose from RPM to work. The only method I see to modify rig motion intensity is Rotational and Translational vibration. I set both to their absolute minimums of .1 and they are still crazy intense and unusable. I was just moving the RPM slider to test and don't dare go past the first click. Is this pose working? Anyone successfully using it?
  6. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,099Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Can’t you go below 1 ?
  7. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    Later I will post my settings for RPM which I realy fell in love... AndI have pose from motion problems... But this is another part. So I switch back to simtools.
  8. imagebuff

imagebuff New Member

Balance:
    269Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I used 0.1 for each setting which is the minimum setting and it is far too violent. It seems "Rotational vibration" is the hyper sensitive one. Using 3.5.3.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  9. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,099Coins
    Ratings:
    +337 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I have a beta 3.6 and can go lower:
    BB8F13A4-1E97-496F-A6BC-DE98FF9F3577.jpeg
  10. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    As I mentioned before, here my settings for a 2dof plus traction loss system with CTC lever 67mm. As Rig I use in flmoover dofreality H3, which is the most suitable for my case.

PXL_20220308_173602518.jpg
  11. imagebuff

imagebuff New Member

Balance:
    269Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the change I need. Thanks for letting me know.
  12. Mat_Menzies

Mat_Menzies New Member

Balance:
    84Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi All, I was just catching up on the last few pages of this thread and noticed some questions and comments on the Dirt Sprint cars in iRacing and no suspension telemetry. This may be correct because when I was around these cars they didn't have suspension. The rear transaxle was fixed in the chassis and the front axle would pivot at the centre point. They did have shock absorbers on the front axle to aid in transition of uneven surfaces, but no spring forces acting in either direction. Pretty much just like a tractor!
    I don't know if more modern car designs have rear suspension, nor do I know if iRacing dirt sprint cars model rear suspension, but it may be the reason there is no suspension telemetry from these cars.
  13. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Issue with Thanos and directs. G seat. Mover 3.5.3

Setting a home position in directs will instantly move the axis there when connecting but then slowly go back to 0 position. It does the same thing when you disconnect

I can set a bit range -3 to 200 to make it stay in that position but that is also a instant move.

I cant use Thanos standby position cause i am using it for G seat Rotary and Lincear 200mm Actuators.

upload_2022-3-15_11-22-12.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  14. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I fell down the rabbit hole again, love your Mover software @pmvcda
    Just how many modules can I stuff into Mover for ETS2? We will see, MUAHHAHHAHHA!

By the way, has anyone gotten more than two channels from an audio source for transducers? My Sound Blaster X-Fi is configured for Quadraphonic but Mover only see's two channels. Works as four for other vibe software. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have all four bass shakers massaging my...er...ego :D

Mover Transducer.png
  15. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

Been hidden for some time, sorry.
    There's a bug in the transducer module.
    Found that some audio devices (most) are not showing all the channels.
    I have it solved for the next build.
    But it will take some extra time for release, I had to rebuild most of the code to get rid of some nasty bugs.
    There's going to be many updates, new features and a cleanup of some modules
    • Like Like x 10
  16. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

Ok, will take a look.
    I have something new in the filters for the next release.
    Main reason for the delay...
    Think it's going to be good for this type of systems.

- Conditional filters (IF ...)
    - We can use any of the source values in the filters by using keys

Something like IF(LAT_A;>50;0;LAT_A)
    upload_2022-3-17_6-5-7.png

That 1 is > for now, not at release
    VALUE is the value as we have in current version, but we can uses for example LAT_A (lateral acceleration) or any other value in the numeric fields
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,026Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Is that limited to the same source? Reason I am asking is, I would like to make a filter that only works when ground mode is sensed by the sim, which takes the current speed and uses a direct joystick (=different source) input for gain.

My goal is not to wait for the simulator to calculate G force, but to initiate a motion cue in a certain situation as close as possible to control input. Steering on the ground in an aircraft or car is almost hard wired to the lateral Gs, and I want an effect without any delay from the sim.
  18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

No it will be for all sources
    Something like:
    S1.LAT_A
    This is for source with key S1
    So if you add a joystick source, you can use the Lateral acceleration for that source.
    You can make things like: ADD(S1.LAT_A;S2.LAT_A)
    The only problem, I'm looking at now, is the use of those keys in filters we have on the sources.
    They are affected by the order the sources are calculated. So the value you get can be from previous calculation loop or already the new one on the current loop. Hope you understand what I mean.

Those keys can be used in the outputs also.
  19. Avee

Avee Virtual Pilot

Balance:
    1,026Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    That's great! I think for my purposes, uncertainty about the sampling of the input data is not of great influence. I will have on ground braking and steering effects derived from the controls, and in the air I will take the sim calculated data. Since traction loss is not something commonly simulated in flying, I think that will work sufficiently well.
  20. Michail

Balance:
    697Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0
    I am wondering if there is an solution, that I will post later in this thread the tuning setup and axis settings of ams2/pcars2 to help me here someone for translate in in mover, so that i can use the virtual tracker for motion compensation.

Do we have to setup the output for the virtual tracker as well? it don't seam right to me. I get motion sickness. Hoe the tracker knows, how far the motions are?
    • Useful Useful x 1