1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    RPM is part of DCS Export.lua, just need to have it added to the source file for Mover. I think I remember somewhere reading that you can also export rotor specific information. So if that is also added to the source file you can do very specific things in PT Mover.

Just thinking it over, if you have any skill at lua editing you can add the values that you want from DCS into Mover's DCS_To_FlyPT_Mover.lua yourself. Customize to your heart's content :)

Edit on my last edit :D

RPM is in there, just need to give it a socket number, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  2. wyh0607b

wyh0607b New Member

Balance:
    173Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF

This problem still exists in the new version.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Might be zero for helicopters.
    Not sure what variable to use. Need to look at it.
  4. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    On the list of things to look for
  5. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    You should be able to get it from a gauge export if the RPM does not work.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Hi , @pmvcda
    On Iracing , like I d’ont have telemetry of suspension ,I use noise filter with surface and about 10 frequencie , and all those things work perfectly with some data travelling on each side of suspension ( no arrow in source square :think) . But when I stop the Sprint Car ,all vibrations are Still there !!!!! If I put arrow in this source , the color blue change grey and all stop to play and no data are save !!! If I save all this changes before, I lost all my set up of suspension for the next Time !!!
    Important … when I’m on the Rig and change somes data on this suspension …. Everything skake depend the number data !!! And it’s very dificult to turn back on the keyboard !!:grin
    I must put frequencies at 1000 and after going down quietly :nerd.
    If you have suggestions , I will accept !!
    If you want ,
    I would like to put my new sponsor ( FLy PT Mover) on my Sprint Car … Next Step with I Racing group !!!:grin
    Thanks !
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  7. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I just started using FlyPT Mover in MSFS2020. I have a DOFReality H3 platform and use Simtools. I am using Hexpod's MSFS2020 profile at the moment. I have data moving between the sim, FlyPT, and Simtools. However, axis data in FlyPT is messed up. Roll moves the platform yaw, pitch moves the platform yaw, yaw moves the platform right front, etc. Any ideas as to how I can fix this issues would be appreciated.

Regards,

Danny
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,
    Please check the actuators order and rotation direction.
  9. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Let's add suspension data.
    Not 100% sure, but I think it's there
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have used the Simtool order and the default order provided by FlyPT and get the same result. Not certain if there is another setting to check. I assume rotation direction is change by selecting the invert? If so, that reversed the direction of travel but did not correct the incorrect associations.
  11. Mat_Menzies

Mat_Menzies New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For those struggling to get Arduino code and flyPT mover working, I have attached some code I wrote that works well and handles some erroneous data that the current released version of Mover exhibits during start and stop periods of serial output module.
    For testing with RC servos, I have found using output interval up to 100ms (10ms x 10 loop iterations) works perfectly well.
    Set the output to 10bit Decimal, 57600,8,N,1.
    Output string format is:
    A<Axis1a>B<Axis2a>C<Axis3a>D<Axis4a>E<Axis5a>F<Axis6a>X.
    Start and Stop strings can be: A512B512C513D512E513F512X. (just sets the midpoint of typical servos).
    This will work as-is, but can be fine-tuned with the below ...

I have also attached an arduino code that moves each of your servos through their full range and outputs the min, mid and max values for each, you can use these values to fine-tune the other code (although its not necessary for concept testing.) Put the range test code on your arduino first, save the output from Serial Monitor to notepad and manually add the min / max values in the "MM_stewart_test4.ino" before uploading that to Arduino. Can also use the 'mid' values to update the Start and Stop strings above to fine tune for your particular servos.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Fantastic job @Mat_Menzies ! This is a much neater code than the ham-fisted, clunky job I was trying to write. I had mine working until I removed the serial.print lines and then it would only work if I added a delay instead! It was the coding equivalent of building some furniture with only a hammer. Your code however is very neat and easy to follow for us amateurs!

I couldn't work out how to get Mover to output in 10bit Decimal, so I changed to 8bit Decimal and altered the mapping lines to:

servoData[0] = map(rawServoData[0], 0, 255, 0, 180);
    etc.

I've tested it on both Simtools and Mover and can confirm that it works on both.

Incidentally @pmvcda , The delayed servo movement issue I was having earlier appeared to be related to setting too low a Serial Speed in Mover. The code I posted earlier works OK in Simtools at 9600, but only at a higher serial speed in Mover such as 57600. It wasn't anything to do with the missing zeros when reporting smaller values.

Thanks for posting your code @Mat_Menzies , much appreciated, this will be useful for all DIYers using hobby servos for motion effects in either Simtools or Mover. Worth pinning the code for others to find easily I think @noorbeast :thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Morning all. I made some progress. I got FlyPT to control my H3 actuators in the correct order. I adjusted the Rig Output from [A<Axis1a>][B<Axis2a][C<Axis3a] to [A<Axis3a>][B<Axis1a>][C<Axis2a>]. So now roll, pitch, yaw, etc. respond as roll, pitch, yaw, etc. However, they respond backward, down vs up, right vs left, etc., relative to the in Sim response, and, the range of response when in the Sim is very small compared to the range when I manual test the actuators in FlyPT. I changed the response direction in SimTools, but, that did not correct the backwards response provided by FlyPT.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks, Danny
  14. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I think you can change this in the 'Poses' module in Mover. For example, under 'Out gain/flip' change the setting here from 1.000 to -1.000. The range should be set to allow the full range of your rig and the In gain/flip can be used a bit like Tuning centre in Simtools to adjust how much each setting moves your rig. The 'Pose' module is also where you can apply filters to give things like washout, deadzones and smoothing. Try messing with the settings here and you should be able to get it working.
  15. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Slowly learn this software. Figured out how to reverse the actuator responses (+/- in the gain/flip settings). Changed the sign to a - on the "in" gain/flip settings. I have started adjusting the gain values on the out gain/flip side in an attempt to get the actuator range to correspond to the motion in the Sim.

If I am not making adjustments to the correct values please let me know.

Regards......Danny
  16. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hot Dog!!!!! Got everything working very well. FlyPT has brought my old H3 back to life. The filter capabilities have really reduced the effect of the worm gear slack. I have well over 3000 hours of use on my H3 and it is a bit worn. Now, on to see if I can get some rotor rpm effect into the platform.

Very nice job on the software and thank you very much for making it available.

Regards,

Danny
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RCFlyer

RCFlyer Member

Balance:
    137Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I fly helicopters for the most part. Presently, I am using the HPG H145. I would like to get a sence of rpm vibration into the VR cockpit. When I run MSFS2020 and have the H145 running, I can see RPM data is active in FlyPT interface. FlyPT shows rpm at around 33000. Seems very high. I assume MSFS is getting this value from the H145 turbine engine. I looked in the Pose for RPM and could not find a setting for a turbine/jet. Did I miss it? If there isn't a turbine/jet setting, any ideas how I would set this up?
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  18. Viktor

Viktor New Member

C# Developer
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    As a workaround you can divide RPM by a factor, i.e. 50 or 100… using DIV Filter.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mat_Menzies

Mat_Menzies New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi @GWiz good job on the 8 bit work around :)
    You can adjust the output resolution in your rig configuration panel here:

upload_2021-11-15_15-55-0.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. chandy21

chandy21 New Member

Game Developer
    Balance:
    162Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi @pmvcda, I can confirm that Forza Horizon 5 works great with your Forza Horizon 4 Source. Apparently the telemetry is similar, but I didn't change a thing from my FH4 Profile and it's working pretty well. Great work on building such a solid, reliable, flexible system. Thanks again.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1