1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    You can try, but my motors might have a different behavior from yours.
    Go to option in the menu.
    You can assign keys or joystick button to adjust the rig gain.
    You can also change it in the rig module.
  2. Nuno lo

Nuno lo New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    195Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi when you say adjust gain in rig module. Do you mean each dof or as a whole? Thanka
  3. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    A whole.
    Each dof you can do in the pose module
  4. Nuno lo

Nuno lo New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    195Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  5. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  6. Ronan Design

Ronan Design Roman Design - Custom MSFS Scenery

Web Designer, MSFS Scenery Designer
    Balance:
    843Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I'm a FlyPT Newbie, started building my first simple 2DOF rig (PGSaw motors).
    1. Bug Report: I added rotating 2DOF rig, but there is no picture in the Rig window, and clicking on arrow that flips through pictures for other rigs I get an "unhandled exception" error.
    upload_2021-9-9_12-28-32.png
    2. If I add 3rd motor for yaw (traction loss for car sims, not sure how to call it for planes) - how do I change the setup? There doesn't seem to be a rig that's 2DOF + traction loss, or 3DOF with rotational motors in correct configuration.
    3. Any guides or advice on setting up 2DOF rig for Flight Simulator 2020 in FlyPT? I can't find any guides about how to set up and mix inputs for 2DOF that would react to different events. For example I want to use roll speed for roll, but not return to neutral when stable roll is holding, but leave a little bit of an angle so the body feels it's at an angle, etc. Even the basics: I'm not clear how to map everything to just 2DOF.
  7. mdoeberl

mdoeberl New Member

Balance:
    - 3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

i have a stupid question.
    I've build a 6 DOF Rotary Platform with a Thanos AMC-AASD15A controller.

Everything works super, except one little thing.
    With FlyPt Mover, my YAW axis always moves in the opposite direction.
    Is there a way to invert this here? In FlyPt Mover I tried to enter a negative value under gain for my pose, unfortunately without success.

In the simulation view of FlyPT Mover everything moves in the right direction.

Thank you for your help!
    Mario
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Want to see some pics ;)
    Check the order of the actuators!
    Take a look here: https://www.flyptmover.com/outputs/thanos
    Scroll to the end of the page where I try to explain the mess we have with that.
  9. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, the pictures are still missing. I need to make them.
    To add the 3rd actuator, you can add a direct to control that actuator. It will be availlble to add to the output string later.

For 2DOF rigs, honestlly, never thought about setups.
    But let me think about it. I will post something tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ronan Design

Balance:
    843Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    It's not just the picture itself - without the reference illustration it's impossible to tell what sizes do what: all the L1...L6 etc.

I played with it for a few hours, and it looks like to mix pitch and roll acceleration into Pitch and Roll (in addition to built-in "mix sway" and "mix surge" I can add "DOF From Value" pose, and it will mix into the main "Pose from Motion" of both are selected in the Rig module. Am I correct, is this the best way to mix position/acceleration/surge(or sway) into one axis?

Another question: When values sum up I see red "singluarity" message. For example roll and pitch by themselves look good, but when surge is added - it goes too much. Is there a "master clipping" somewhere, that won't let that total value exceed specific margins? SMC3 has its own limiter, but I'd rather make sure FlyPT won't try to overextend the motors and not rely on anything else. I see there are clip filters in rules, but not a master crop filter of some sort. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place...
  11. Ronan Design

Balance:
    843Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Another question: what units does FlyPT use for "range", "intensity", "pose limits" and actuator positions (original/filtered/cropped)? Is it percent% 0 to 100%, degrees, value range like 256,512 or1024 or something else? What are the full value ranges of those variables, and if those are percentages, of what exactly?
    If Pose has "roll position" at Range 15.0, and a sway mix-in (original sway is at Range 100) - will the mix exceed 100% in full right roll + added sway for example? What will happen if it does? Will roll be only 10% of what happens in MSFS2020? Or are those units doing something else?
  12. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm on the phone, so please excuse me for some errors.
    You can add a 3d view to get an idea of what is each value.
    When you change them, you can see the result in the 3d preview.

While in Simtools, you think of actuators position, in Mover you think in the pose of the rig.
    Mover calculates the actuators positions to achieve a specific pose. (you can do the same you do with SimTools by using directs, to directly control one actuator)
    The pose from motion module, generates a pose from the data received from the game. Usually we use linear accelerations and rotations positions or speed.
    The idea of the mix is to tilt the rig to make the user feel the constant linear acceleration.
    If you had surge, you could have acceleration variations represented on surge and the constant acceleration in pitch.
    This is the reason for using a high ass in the surge, to get variations and a low pass to get the constant values in pitch.
    This module adds this mix to the rotations.
    And this addition might cause values to go over the specified rig limits causing the message of out of range.

Please, try to adjust dimensions first, by using the 3d view. They are milimiters. I will try to add a picture in the next build.
  13. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Linear is milimiters, rotations are degrees.
    If the sum of the mix and roll go above the range, the value os cropped to range.
    You are messing it a bit. And on the phone it's not easy to explain.
    I will be back explaining it.
    But alleasure units ar mm and degrees.
    The actuator bit value, is a value related to the amount of bits used by the actuator and the relation to the range of the actuator in mm or degrees.
    That relation can be changed with scale to adjust the values...

I will explain better.
  14. Ronan Design

Balance:
    843Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks for the info.
    My reasoning is this: I only have 2DOF and my main target is MSFS2020 flight sim in VR. Reverb G2 is WMR, so no motion compensation for now. Small and precise movements should be good in VR without motion compensation, or so I've been told. So I want some degree of roll and pitch (based on game input roll and pitch), plus heave and surge mixed in to feel the accelerations and lateral movement, but because roll and pitch will be very limited by my rig and the lack of motion compensation, I wanted to mix in the actual roll/pitch Acceleration, so I'd feel rolling when it's aggressive, then "washout" it back. So when turning I'd have a slight roll (from roll) and small roll "bumps" when turn rate increases (from roll acceleration) - fading back. So that way I'd have feedback even turn gets steeper, otherwise the roll would just end very quickly and not increase anymore.
    It may be a good idea to actually "washout" even the main roll to some extent. I think MAHP(VALUE;1000;) does the washout, correct? But what if I don't want it to fully get to level, but instead to get to the stronger roll first, then slowly get back to maybe half the roll or something like that, so there would be room for more roll later - what filter can do that?

I haven't build a chassis yet, just electronics + 2 motors and I'm testing it before I commit to the build. SMC3 is working now, so it's good. I'm trying to connect FlyPT now, so I don't have dimensions yet, just entered something reasonable for now.
  15. Ronan Design

Balance:
    843Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    So, in "Pose: from motion" the "Range" value 15 is in degrees, not just the actuator positions? If I want it to max out at my rig maximum roll, and let's say it's 10 degrees left and right, I should set range at 20?
    upload_2021-9-10_18-47-37.png
    And "Heave" is in mm? That makes sense.

Attached Files:

16. Ronan Design

Balance:
    843Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I have a problem: my electronics and motors work with SMC3 Tools, both motors are moving and obey commands. However when I connect FlyPT - only one motor is moving no matter what I do. Here's what my connection and rig looks like:
    upload_2021-9-11_23-10-16.png
    Connection parameters are taken from SMC3 Tutorial. One motor is working fine, but nothing is happening with another one. Both actuators are moving in 3D View and Rig bottom lines, but only one is moving in real life. When I disconnect FlyPT and connect SMC3 Tools again - both are moving fine. Close SMC3, open FlyPT - only one is moving again... What could be the problem? Something with connection settings or rig setup??? Please advise...
  17. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    A little while ago you gave me an example for custom UDP which seems very straight forward. Sadly as of yet ive not been able to make anything work here. Does it just not work with the default export script or is there another reason? It sends the data just fine so i know its there.

18. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

The problem is that the custom UDP uses binary format and you are sending data in string format.
    Did not remember it when we talked the last time. Sorry.
    Maybe try to send data in binary format on the LUA script.

I think I already added the AOA in the last build I released.
    But anyway, I'm releasing a new one right now. (You have to change the LUA file for the new one to have AOA and connection)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Mover 3.5.3

New version with:

- New Red Rover source
    upload_2021-9-12_11-14-33.png

- New Forza7 source
    upload_2021-9-12_11-15-31.png

- New Forza Horizon 4 source
    upload_2021-9-12_11-15-4.png

- New WW1 source NOT WORKING CORRECTLLY
    Not much info and really strange values. Waiting for more info to correct it.
    upload_2021-9-12_11-19-33.png

- Added checkbox when opening setups, to select/deselect all the modules.
    upload_2021-9-12_11-20-44.png

- Added option to make modules top most, to hover the games when possible.
    Really needed in full screen only games.
    upload_2021-9-12_11-24-52.png

- New/Updated filters:
    WASH to wash a value to zero
    RWASH like above, but for rotations ignoring the gap between -180º and 180º
    DELTA to get the difference between the last and current value
    RDELTA like above, but for rotations ignoring the gap between -180º and 180º
    ADDX to add the specified number of last values

- Solved bug in OVRMC module, where the selected rig was blank if we added or removed a rig from the setup.
    Goes blank, only if the rig does not exist, unless keeps the selection.

- Some other small bugs and some bug hunting not yet solved. Sorry.

For download, go to flyptmover.com
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Another important module added in 3.5.3 is the black box pose for cars.
    It's for testing purposes and the idea is to make it more intuitive to setup the motion for cars.

upload_2021-9-12_11-40-36.png
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1