1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Feasibility of "Team X-Sim racing" game-server or league

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by bvillersjr, Oct 25, 2008.

?

Please vote for your favorite game!

1. R-Factor

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. GTR2

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. GTR Evolution

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. RACE07

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LFS

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  6. NASCAR

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hello,

I am considering putting up an rFactor server for X-Sim users with TeamSpeak. I am fortunate to have a 10mb internet connection, static IP address and an extra Quad Processor server. Since many of X-Sims competitors have racing communities for their members, I thought that we should have one too.

What I am wondering however, is how many people would take advantage it, and if it would be worth my while to allocate the time and hardware to it. In my opinion, if there arent enough users to be able to put together some good races, it isn't worth while.

So if you would be willing to race, or possibly admin some races then cast your vote here.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr) (Berney Jr or SimXperience in rFactor and GTR2 in case we may have raced before)
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Re: Feasibility of Team X-Sim rFactor Server or League

That would be amazing great! :clap:

Some days ago I had the same idea in mind again. Actually right after you have posted the X-Sim car skin :cheers:

I'd really prefer to race against you and the all other X-Sim members, than joining a league in another community, where I do not know anyone.
    Racing with known people makes alot more fun!

It would be a great feature to setup the server to accept two different computer setups, someday. One setup with X-Sim running, and one without.
    Would be cool, if one would know that everyone, that is on a dedicated X-Sim server is using a simulator, while racing against you :thbup:
    X-Sim detects SCN5 actuators. This feature could be able to allow/deny a connection to a SimforceGT server for example.
    As well racing wheels should be prescribed on that server. I think keyboards, gamepads and hood view do not match our intention, to simulate racing as good as possible.
    Imho its quite annoying to have cars in front of you who are keyboard or gamepad controlled, juddering along the track.

But for now, as long as most of us dont have an simulator running still, we could start with a common server (without X-Sim or actuators detection)

As well I'd like to establish an X-Sim league with X-Sim car painting, to join some races with other leagues on other servers.

Are there some special reasons for R-Factor? Cause I'd prefer a GTRE server :tomatos:

In the end its your decission of course.

Regards
    Christian
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I like the idea of limiting the league to people running X-Sim with a racing wheel only! I don't own GTRE yet, but I'll buy it tonight and check it out. Is there a way to have a vote in these forums? Since the whole thing isnt worthwhile if enough people dont participate, maybe we could take a vote and put up a server for the Top 2. I'm hoping that some more people are interested in getting a server up and league started.

Also, who owns the domain x-simulator.de? Does the same person manage DNS? If we decide to do this, it would be cool if the gameserver was something like league.x-simulator.de / practice.x-simulator.de. Also, is the .com version of this name owned?

I own SimXperience.com, which is a name I race under sometimes. I havent done anything with it yet. If we cant use the original domain name I guess we could always call X-Sim.SimXperience.com or something like that.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

*poll added to starting post - please vote for your favorite game*

*Umfrage für X-Sim gameserver Spieltitel im Eröffnungspost eingefügt - bitte wählt den von euch favorisierten Spieltitel*

@Bernard
    Raceray owns the x-simulator.de domain.
    The poll feature has been enabled for all forum members before the last board update. I'll have a look on it.

Regards
    Christian
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I haven't cast my vote yet. I bought and installed GTRE today. I love the graphical improvements that they have made. The graphics are hands down better then rFactor.

Even though I set my player to 'Pro' and all the remaining options to the best of my ability, it still feels a little arcade-like. I think that the main difference is in the force-feedback. In rFactor, I am able to sense via the steering whell when I am on the edge of traction. I get no such feedback in GTRE :( If I can figure out how to get more realistic force-feedback from GTRE it will definitely get my vote. I'm going to google around a bit and see if anyone else is experiencing this as well.

I'm a little dissapointed that noone else has even voted. Without at least 20 people interested in racing, we would never even be able to field a grid of five drivers on any given race day.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  6. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    i vote for Rfactor :) . I love the nice Historic GTTC Mod :thbup: and perhaps soon the VLN2005 Mod is coming. :clap: .
    I don`t have GTRE :roll:
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I cast my vote today after spending most of the day setting up and testing GTR Evo. As much as I love rFactor, I must say that I have a new favorite. After I got the FFB setup properly, and my NVidia settings tweaked to accomodate the game, I love it. I can only hope that the communities begin to develop more mods for it.

COME ON GUYS VOTE!! We only got 4 votes in 2 days. We need at least 20-30 people for any kind of league racing. Looks like I might have to start recruiting and offering race -winning setups to people from other communities..... :blush:
  8. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello to every body my vote for RFactor.

Charlypro.
  9. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am interested as long as I we can find good times to do stuff. It will be hard, with people in the US and Europe, plus work, school etc. I would like to be able to actually finish a race and not be taken out by idiots.

GTR Evolution is much better physics-wise than rFactor. rFactor is good for open-wheel stuff like 88 F1, 79 F1 etc, personally I don't like driving modern F1 (and I can't keep it straight for more than 2 seconds :eek: ). Also, I am always last :D

Edit: I tried Live For Speed and I am impressed with the physics. Very good, my second choice.