1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

F1 2010 - output data to multiple devices?

Discussion in 'Archived information' started by ledfoot, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ego.

Does anyone know if F1 2010 or DIRT 2 can output data to multiple devices? I am trying to get data to my SLI Pro and to X-sim at the same time. Are we in the same boat with Codemasters as we are with iRacing, which will require some sort of proxy?

...Mike
  2. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Xsim compatible with f1 2010 BY codemasters

No, I can get X-Sim and Dirt 2 to both play nice with the SLI-Pro and M.

F1 2001 just needs an updated driver from EK. You just need to donate to get it at the moment. :( I just love double paying for things.......
  3. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the validation Chris. I had already made the donation and received access to the F1 2010 driver but I was not sure if more than one device could connect on that port at one time. Guess that's been answered now :)

...Mike
  4. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

A new manager version (free) with F1 2010 support is already available from EK, since yesterday I believe!
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have the new manager which works fine for the SLI and F1 2010 but it does not work simultaneously with X-Sim. EK has posted that he is working on a proxy similar to his LFS proxy that will allow F1 to work with the SLI and X-Sim. There will be no changes necessary to the X-sim plugin to make it work according to EK.

....Mike
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

The upcoming open source iWrap proxy will likely be repurposed as a wrapper for all games that allow only a single API connection.

Perhaps EK will have time to contribute to this open source project. I will ask him.
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Here is the typical less than professional response from EK - http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index. ... en#msg3638

Looks like there will be two proxies and the saga will continue. I can't say much at this point, but SimXperience will provide a fitting solution to this problem and those who create it.
  8. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

At least he has a solution already available, it seems... ;-)
  9. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I've tested EK's Codemasters proxy and it has some issues with the data being sent to X-Sim but it is getting better. Hopefully he will work out the issues soon.

It's too bad that he does not seem to want anything to do with the open source proxy effort as this would be a great opportunity for everyone to get together and develop a standard way of doing things (Oh well). I'm sure he must have his reasons. :)

....Mike
  10. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I mailed Leo and showed him my interest in his product and me not wanting to buy because of EK's behavior.
  11. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure why either. I tried Dirt 2 and the SLI Pro without any proxy and it works. I asked EK why this works for DIRT 2 and not for F1 2010 and he said that his old SLI plugin does not use UDP to get data from DIRT 2 so I assumed that there is an issue with multiple devices trying to use the same port 20777 to receive data.
  12. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

As per you explanation, the problem is that EK is trying to bind the port, which in turn renders his software inop as it fails to do it when Sender is already connected to the port!
    He just needed to do it the way he did for Dirt2, then! :thbd:

When I tried, I got the seat moving but the SLI-M would not work. His sw only connects when it detects the game is running, so, after Sender...

In other words, EK is trying to fix a problem he created himself! LoL

Cheers,

MY

13. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hi Martin,

Yes, both DIRT 2 and F1 2010 use the same port 20777. I will give this a shot and let you know if it works.

...Mike
  14. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

Hey! Mike,

Is there any special config I need to do to make this new manager work with F1 2010?
    I mean, only the SLI-M stand alone.

It just does not work here at all, the manager says waiting sim-racing app even with the game running...

Thanks.

MY
  15. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

@MY

Make sure the codemasters.dat file in the cfg directory has the correct port assigned. It should sayCMOutGaugePort = 20777 when you are using it without his proxy.

Othere than that, it just works for me. I have the SLI pro and not the M. What version of the are you using? SLIProMgr_094d18c ?

@Sirnoname

I tried the latest OutsimDirt2.exe and it I still cannot get the SLI Manager application and X-Sim to receive data from F1 2010 at the same time. I have tried configuring F1 use 127.0.0.1 as well as my local IP and both will work with one device but not both at the same time. I have F1 configured to output on the default port of 20777 and I also have the SLI Manager configured to receive data on port 20777.

....Mike
  16. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

I think the one I have it 17f or something... Can you send me a copy of yours by email?

Thanks.

MY

17. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hi Martin,

Let me clarify. Both DIRT 2 and F1 2010 use the same method for outputting data and have not changed. The software that allows the SLI-Pro and SLI - M devices to function with DIRT 2 and F1 2010 is called the SLI Manager. The SLI Manager needs to be running to capture the output from the Codemasters games and send them to the SLI devices and do not need to be running if you are not using the SLI.

I have tested the SLI - Pro and X-Sim with DIRT 2 and they seem to work together without the need for a proxy but something has changed in the way the data is collected by the SLI plugin or the way that F1 2010 outputs it's data which now requires the use of some sort of proxy (according to EK himself) to get the SLI- Pro and X-Sim to work together.

EK has made an attempt to write a proxy server for this purpose and has now included options within the SLI Manager to change the ports being used so that you can point the manager to a proxy instead of directly at the application which used port 20777. The proxy is not yet working properly with X-Sim and EK is not sure why at this point.

....Mike
  18. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

I think Martin wants to know whether he can run the application without a SLI connected to the PC... I don't think so, there is a USB detection built in the prog...

I will try it and let you guys know.
  19. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sorry, I misunderstood that question :)

No the SLI Manager will not run without an SLI device connected.

....Mike
  20. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

With the Profiler and Sender already running, I then launch the SLI Manager which initializes the SLI device. No error messages are received at any point. You then launch F1 2010 and select a car and track to race. When the track loads sometimes the profiler will start and sometimes the SLI will output data but they will not both work at the same time.

There are never any error messages though.