1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
Wagnard

Elite Dangerous Horizons/Odyssey Plugin (XML edition) Odyssey 18.03

Elite Dangerous Horizons/Odyssey

1. Flymen

Flymen Flymen Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +191 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    ok , i will try to download teamviewer
  2. kev b

kev b Active Member Gold Contributor

Academic Lecturer - Electrical Engineering
    Balance:
    889Coins
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF

Hey @Wagnard ,

Just dropped by to catch up on the thread. Damn. This reply you had from FD is like a kick in the guts for me. @SilentChill is quite correct in the efforts we've been making trying to get even a yes/possibly/or no response to motion api data from FD over the last four+ years and I'd remained hopeful. For my own efforts, last May for an Elite Community Meet I didn't bat an eyelid about the grand I spent on van hire, fuel, hotel, event tickets, prepping my v4 (3dof comfy motion chair) for 3rd-party use, 6-page risk assessment, 2-page method statement, PAT test and cert (which I carried out) - all for the chance of showing FD (and other elite players) how much better their game can be with real motion. I demoed it relentlessly in ED and over 20 people had a go on it over the weekend inclu. Ed Lewis from FD. I provided the tech info required for motion api, full contact details and it looked only a step or two from a real possibility.............. but I've never heard back.

Sadly for us, FD's simplistic reply above is just not true in the technical sense. Anything is possible in software - but as @SilentChill says, we are such a small userbase for FD it would not be worth anything to them to spend any time implementing it. Unlike us, I guess there are no true visionaries at FD right now so. So be it. I will cease any further api requests from them.

My only last recourse now it to try and get up to speed with the hook process myself. I'll add here that I have extensive tech experience, industrial automation control which I now teach up to grad level so not new to any of this. But with cheatengine, ED and getting motion I'm so far behind in this process and it is the only existing weak link in my long, strong technical motion sim chain. Even more so now as in the not near future ED could be taking a 'paid-for' updates route - resulting in possible multiple ED variants. At least now most motion folks are using horizons and you and @SilentChill can get motion up and running again pretty quickly after ED updates. But with different ED versions I fear some motion sims will cease to operate under a common xml (or even common plugin if changes are really significant). At this time we rely on and are eternally thankful for the time and effort you and @SilentChill spend in bringing motion to us.

@Wagnard , you have the process of finding the pointers/offsets pretty well honed. I've followed your progress since you first posted herein. A few of us who run ED with motion (I believe @George Dobransky is one of them?) have been asking for a 'leg-up' with cheatengine and ED pointer finding for ages. Reviewed every link we've been sent regarding this but info is incomplete to be able to follow or non-ED related. Don't know proficiently where to start or what to do+how for ED. I'd be more than happy just to be able to find roll, pitch and yaw - a good starting point that I can then build on.
    Maybe a vid/screenshots/variables to show how to find these 3 moves, step by step, up to the point of producing the xml file and it would be 'job done'. Up and running and a great development point to move forward from and a good position to be in when ED updates take new form.

Could you be the guy to help out some desperate forum members at an empass?. Not asking for you to give up all your hard work (or secrets as silent calls them). Just the initial 'how to get 3 moves' up and running. I'd then be up for the challenge of figuring out the rest - I have lots of spare time. I'd even paypal you for yours.
    I hope you don't find this an unreasonable request as I've been at a dead end on this for ages - as have others I'm sure. Mem hooks are likely the only way forward now and I want to be prepared for any eventuality. I only play ED (edit: I've also got round to popping a couple of build and test vids in my sig) .

KevB
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi @kev b ,
    I will try to show a little on how to get the pointers for Elite.
    First, you have to understand and be able to repro the video I posted on post #2. It is honestly the base on how to find the pointers, once you got that, you are already half done.

Here are some of my notes:

All values type that I search are FLOAT (video or pic, later on my CheatEngine Settings.)

SHIP:

CW= Clockwise
    CCW= CounterClockWise

-In training , advanced combat, SideWinder "ClockWise" Roll value to find is : -1.77 (with normal power distribution to the systems). CCW is +1.77
    Pitch UP: -1
    Yaw left : -1
    Sway left : -1
    Heave up : 1
    Surge forward: 1

You do with with CW and CCW in cheat engine a few time to reduce the possible values. I play a little with the flight assist OFF to remove some value that are clearly not right. (Ill show a video later)

My personal tips, (may not work in future patch)

Usually , I find the pointers for Roll first. ( I search for a lvl 5 offset) :
    ex: 0364D1F08
    +378
    +8
    +498
    +3E0

Once I have it, on my system I remove -8 (hex) to the last offset. This will automatically give you the Pitch address (worked for all the patch I tested but may change)
    Example: if offset 5 of Roll is : 3E0, then pitch will end with 3E0(hex) - 8(hex) = 3D0 (use windows calculator in programmatic mode to calculate hex)

Surge : -20(hex) to last offset of Roll
    Yaw: -4(hex) to last offset of Roll
    Heave:-24(hex) to last offset of Roll
    Sway:-28(hex) to last offset of Roll

Notes: Must test the pointers when entering SuperCruise, Stations, etc... these could point to others addresse and if you have the bad pointers, they will not point to the good address.

SRV:
    Usually I search for Offset LVL 6
    Using the training SRV training.
    Get the SRV out

Pitch, quite easy.
    The pitch value are shown on the SRV on the middle of the screen, Only search this value and next scan a different one (Move the SRV to some mountain to make it change).
    Try to not search a pitch value too close of 0 (there are too much results) , search bigger like 5+ or low (-5)

You do this with different degree and do a next scan until you find the address of Pitch. (possible video later)

Roll:
    Last offset +4(hex)

Rest of SRV is a bit harder, I'll write something maybe later about it.

Next I'll show how to actually get the pointer (also creating a pointermap) for the Roll of the ship with CheatEngine. Maybe, when have time /have the motivation to do it :p
    Also sorry in advance, I'm super bad at writing guides.

Edit: Little how-to video:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  4. kev b

kev b Active Member Gold Contributor

Academic Lecturer - Electrical Engineering
    Balance:
    889Coins
    Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Many thanks for this @Wagnard - tons of info I (and others) can work with .......... my training begins now!
  5. polybasss

polybasss Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @Wagnard , Hello, I've been trying the latest version of the plugin and I have a good movement in the ship but the SRV is not going well and I do not get data in the tunig center to adjust it
  6. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    You have no data at all for SRV?
  7. polybasss

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    No, nothing :(
  8. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I'm not home right now, if you want we could try to check this on the weekend or I'll try to give you some instruction.
    In the meantime, get cheatengine as I will need that.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. polybasss

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    :grin ok , we are in touch, thanks
  10. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @polybasss
    Download my CheatEngine profile for elite :
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/EliteDangerous64-5.zip

-Unzip it somewhere.
    -Launch Elite Dangerous in Windowed mode.
    -When you are at the main menu, Launch CheatEngine
    -Open the downloaded profile with cheatengine.
    -There is a little flashing icon on the CheatEngine GUI (top left) . Click it and select the Elite Dangerous game. (Be carefull to not chose the launcher.)
    -You should see a bunch of number Moving when you are in SHIP.
    -Got to SRV, check if some numbers are moving.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. polybasss

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    ok, well yes, I have obtained values both in the ship and in the Vrs, George pitch and George roll
  12. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Than its weird, srv should work too in simtools. Try it again, and give me a picture of your simtool tuning center .
  13. polybasss

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    There it goes, I do not know, perhaps it has not been successful with the Xml?
    Captura de pantalla (70).png
  14. polybasss

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    This is the Xml text....
    Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!-- 2019-February-18 -->
    <!-- Pointers by Wagnard -->
    <!-- all values in hex -->
    <!-- Force is a % valid from -32768 to 32767 , no decimal -->
    -<pointers>
    <Dof UseExtraForSRV="False"/>
    <Sway Reverse="false" Offset_5="3B8" Offset_4="498" Offset_3="8" Offset_2="378" Offset_1="8" Offset_0="0364D1F0" Offsets="6"/>
    <Heave Reverse="false" Offset_5="3BC" Offset_4="498" Offset_3="8" Offset_2="378" Offset_1="8" Offset_0="0364D1F0" Offsets="6"/>
    <Surge Reverse="false" Offset_5="3C0" Offset_4="498" Offset_3="8" Offset_2="378" Offset_1="8" Offset_0="0364D1F0" Offsets="6"/>
    <Pitch Reverse="false" Offset_5="3D8" Offset_4="498" Offset_3="8" Offset_2="378" Offset_1="8" Offset_0="0364D1F0" Offsets="6"/>
    <Roll Reverse="false" Offset_5="3E0" Offset_4="498" Offset_3="8" Offset_2="378" Offset_1="8" Offset_0="0364D1F0" Offsets="6"/>
    <Yaw Reverse="false" Offset_5="3DC" Offset_4="498" Offset_3="8" Offset_2="378" Offset_1="8" Offset_0="0364D1F0" Offsets="6"/>
    <SRV_Roll Reverse="false" Offset_5="218" Offset_4="50" Offset_3="10" Offset_2="30" Offset_1="218" Offset_0="03656180" Offsets="7" Force="100" Offset_6="110"/>
    <SRV_Pitch Reverse="false" Offset_5="218" Offset_4="50" Offset_3="10" Offset_2="30" Offset_1="218" Offset_0="03656180" Offsets="7" Force="100" Offset_6="10C"/>
    <SRV_Surge Reverse="false" Offset_5="5A0" Offset_4="428" Offset_3="120" Offset_2="178" Offset_1="10" Offset_0="0365A308" Offsets="6" Force="100"/>
    <SRV_Sway Reverse="false" Offset_5="558" Offset_4="428" Offset_3="120" Offset_2="178" Offset_1="10" Offset_0="0365A308" Offsets="6" Force="100"/>
    <SRV_Yaw Reverse="false" Offset_5="5C0" Offset_4="428" Offset_3="120" Offset_2="178" Offset_1="10" Offset_0="0365A308" Offsets="6" Force="100"/>
    />
    <SRV_Heave Reverse="false" Offset_5="55C" Offset_4="428" Offset_3="120" Offset_2="178" Offset_1="10" Offset_0="0365A308" Offsets="6" Force="100"/>
    </pointers>

15. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    YOu have values in the SRV according to simtools. So everything is working.
    If you expect to see the SRV movement in the Extra 1 / 2 slot, you have to change in the XML :
    UseExtraForSRV="False" to "True"
    • Like Like x 1
  16. polybasss

Balance:
    165Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Ahhhh, I was starting to suspect it when I saw the xml, thank you very much
  17. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hello Wagnard, it's been a while.
    I'm trying to use your ED plugin and it doesn't work so far. So, I have a few question, since I found no instruction on how to do it.
    The XML file, what should I do with it? How do I install it. Do I just drop it in the plugin updater?
    Can I use the Hexapod Interface with your plugin? Do you see any kind of conflict?
    I have the game patched, Simtools has the name in the drop down. All looks fine, but no movement.
    Thanks.
  18. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    First you need to download the plugin and patch the game This will extract and put at the right place the XML.
    There are 2 reason that we may have to *play* with the xml
    1- a new XML or data for it has been posted here and the original plugin wasn't updated with it.
    2- changing forces value and changing "UseExtraForSRV" for those who need it.

If it is still not working, download cheatengine and the file I gave to polybasss few post back, just do as I told him.

Tell me if you need further help.
  19. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Thanks for the info.
    I had put all 3 files in the plugin manager. It says that the game is patched.
    The game is not on C:, does it still make a difference?
    I will download it next weekend, since I am working at Quebec City and my rig is at Drummondville.
  20. Wagnard

Balance:
    4,659Coins
    Ratings:
    +628 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    (Je suis de Mirabel et parle Francais, pour le PM au cas ou... )
    You have to put only the EliteDangerous64_GamePlugin.zip file in the plugin updater. You do not have to unzip it.
    The Plugin updater will place all file in their directory.
    After that in GameManager you patch the game.
    The location of the game should not be important.

Je t'aiderai avec teamviewer au pire la fin de semaine prochaine pour voir ce qui se passe.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1