1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question dual 775 FFB wheel

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by janzugic, Apr 2, 2022.

1. janzugic

janzugic New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Starting my first FFB wheel

i have acquired:
    2x hanpose 288W 775 motors
    2500 pr rotary encoder
    arduino leonardo (DM diymore)

i need to get (help needed):
    power supply (watts?)
    2x belt pulley set (ratio?)
    motor drivers - 2x BTS7960
    motor protection in case it stalls.
    bearings, frame, screws... etc.

anything else important?
  2. janzugic

janzugic New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. janzugic

janzugic New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im having trouble finding the stall torque of the motors, i have done some math and came to a number of around 2.5 nm
  4. K120_Enthusiast

K120_Enthusiast Member

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    1. For the power supply you should use at least a 300w power supply, I recommend 10%-20% more. People on this forum used LED power supplies, and had good results, or you can use a car battery that's connected to a charger while you are playing.
    2. For the pulley ratio I recommend something like 20:1 reduction, because those motors are designed to spin really fast, they have a fan built in that doesn't work if the motor is spinning slowly or not at all, but there will still be heat produced as long as there is current running through the motor.
    3. The BTS7960 should be good enough. I'm not sure but I think one BTS 7960 should be powerful enough to power two motors.
    4. I don't think you need any motor protection that isn't built into the BTS7960, but don't quote me on that.
    5. I am not an expert on bearings and all the other metal stuff so take this with a grain of salt, but I think it would be wise to use angular contact bearings as they can handle more axial loads.

The specsheet says 1 DC 775 motor can produce 0.294 Nm at 10 000 RPM.

Some useful links:
    Types of bearings:
    https://fractory.com/types-of-bearings/

Ebay listing for the motor with a spec sheet:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/133614877412

Similar project:

BTS7960 datasheet:
    https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/BTS79...90004&fileId=db3a304412b407950112b43945006d5d
  5. 0v3rkill

0v3rkill Member

Programmer
    Balance:
    - 259Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    damn that think will rip your arm off or at least a finger!
  6. K120_Enthusiast

K120_Enthusiast Member

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Would you say it's a bit 0v3rkill? :grin
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    393Coins
    Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hello.. in the past I use the 775 motor too. but I think its torque a little weak than a single MY motor (right now I use MY6812 motor) and its more easy to stall and burn the BTS motor driver.
    I use 8:1 ratio, using 120T 3d print pulley and 15T on the motor. and its produce more than enough torque, better than T300 (from my experience).
    If I may give some advice, it'll better to use single motor, its more cost effective and easy to build.
    here is my setup.
    1650422941590.jpg
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Harman singh

Harman singh New Member

Balance:
    120Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    what is quote, this button is also at bottom i think this is to save the forum and press it multiple time to save it, i don't know exactly abou it, please tell me