1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dropping 64bit

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by Brightonuk, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

Business Owner
    Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    I have only been here for a short few months and had my fairs share issues with X-Sim (which were my fault) most if not all have been addressed and fixed by various members here especially bvillersjr.

As of today I am experimenting with different profiles downloaded from this site and have found the X-Sim to be very stable and a whole lotta fun.
    My question is why X-Sim has not moved to the 64bit platform in fact I see that you will be dropping the 64bit in 2010 due to funding;
    How much are we talking about?
    Is it in the hundreds or thousands is that the only issue stopping the progress to 64bit?
    If it is only a question of funding and if we are talking hundreds and not thousands then let’s try to engage some of the members to help.

I for one will be glad to contribute as I am sure will others.
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    In time, 64-bit games will exist on the market. Additionally, some newer high-end hardware such as graphics cards, etc.. are no longer providing consumers with 32-bit drivers.

@SirNoName
    If you are willing to make the community a 64-bit version of X-Sim, I am willing to purchase a code signing certificate and I already have a company name registered as Villers Enterprises that I can use to purchase the certificate. If you tell me which code signing certificate that you require, I can provide you with the certificate, or I could sign it for you.

I have known you and your excellent work for long enough to trust you with a code signing certificate in my name.
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0