1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Doubt with Axis Assignments

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by evolaco, Oct 29, 2017.

1. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hello, now I have the Sway 37%, Surge 57% and Heave 6%, this is 100% but I notice little movement by the configuration of my motion seat 2 dof, can I give more%? Or do the axes overlap?

Edit. Game assetto corsa
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    You can safely set the settings to:
    Sway 40
    Surge 60
    Heave 10
    And it will be fine.
    They don't max out all together that often.

From their you should adjust you max min settings for the game.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/tuning-centre/
    also, I would lower the Heave max/min values is it rather bumpy as your only using 10 of it.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    thanks I'll try it, heave it down to less than 1? 0.9 for example? and 10% is not too much?
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Do a auto capture and when your done, try cutting the heave number in half.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  5. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Which car do you use to calibrate the tuning center? I use the f2004 and the rest of them I make profiles with more% but the cars of series to the 50% but they feel little movement
  6. PiaMan

PiaMan Active Member

Balance:
    607Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino
    I use a ferrari or a Porsche street or gt3 car for capture. I find they are in the middle. If I tune on a faster car the street cars have almost no feeling. If I tune on something mild when I drive an f1 car it'll throw me out of my seat
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    but if you use a medium car like a gt2 to calibrate, when it runs with a f1 it will reach the top of the movement long before the telemetry, if you brake at full stop it will reach the maximum but at half braking it will also come to a stop
  8. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,105 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    You should differenziate your profiles
    I use to have a profile for open wheels and one for all the rest.
    You'd better make your base profile with a medium car (as @PiaMan said a GT3 shoud be fine) and then lower values for open wheels (I lower heave mainly and then set Main Level % to about 90-95%) otherwise it'd be a pain driving the Schleife...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Yes a middle car works well, and maybe a windy track with a hill if you have an option.
    I run about 80% as hard as I normally would, making sure not to hit anything.

Then you can use Game Manger profiles to alter the base settings for a faster or slower car/plane from there on.
    You can even tune in new Game Manger profiles live while playing with the remote profiler.

Take care all,
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  10. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have tried up to 70% Surge, 50% Sway and 10% Heaven and I have not reached the top of the axes at any time, maybe in some very specific circumstance they could arrive but I have tried the F1 2004 in mugello and they have never arrived, this would be fine so? They add 130% ...