1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Doubt dps800g

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by evolaco, Feb 15, 2018.

1. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have 3 dps800gb, two in series for a 24v motor and one for two 12v motors, I want to be able to stop all with a single emergency stop, the first option is for the 220v directly, the stoppage lasts 10a but I do not know if it will heat up , the sources are 1000w each, the other option is to cut the cable that turns them on, but I do not know if you can put the three cables together, is that possible?

I also want to put two 22000uf capacitors in parallel to the source to help and stabilize the return voltage of the coil, when using the emergency stop and stop the sources, these capacitors have the ability to continue moving the motor?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. Oms

Oms known as "Doc6dof"

Balance:
    - 173Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello, I do not know if that will answer to your question, but why do you not simply use car relays (example: 12V 70A that you can use surely to cut 24V without problem. It is the cheaper, but you can also find 24V relays for truck for exemple). 70A x 24V = 1200W... you can use several relays like that to cut all the wires. Your capacitor must be connected on the wire between the power supply and the contact of the relay (to have an immediat stop of the motor) .
    If you post a circuit diagram that will be easier to understan your need (and I can complete it with the relays connections)

aerzetix-relai-frc3a-spst-no-12v-70a-pour-auto-vo.jpg relay 24V 70A.jpg