1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Donald simulator need tips

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by lyspatriote, Aug 16, 2010.

1. lyspatriote

lyspatriote Member Gold Contributor

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First excuse my english, im from Québec ,canada so i speak french, so...

Ok guys there my projet. i went whit a desing than my wheel pedals and shifter move whit me. I got a toyota corolla pivot under my seat, also 2 buttkikers one gamer and one original skaker.

here some pics

frame
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in my home
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now my problem is where to fix the actuator arms for optimal result

The arms get screw on frame at 33in from the base platform the arm legh is 26,5in and the distance betwin the actuator are 9,5in , so what the distance betwin the arm should be at the botum and how far from the frame?

another question: i notice that even the actuator dont move the seat and frame swing a lot from right to left. what shold i do to get it more stable, there boltjoint on all 4 corners.

thanks for your advise
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The way you mounted the acutator arms, the actuator forces are trying to rotate the seat, instead of lateral buckling.

Besides that I dont recommend to move platforms with SCN5' generally, I'd suggest that you fix the actuator on a horizontal line with the pivot. Otherwise they just will continue trying to rotate the seat.

3456356356.png

Btw, try to balance your platform really good (while sitting in it), to reduce actuator load.

regards
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    45° angle is a good starting point, looking from the side and looking from the back too. As ego shows on the picture, move the base lower, and closer to the base to make 45°. Also try to move them a bit further apart.
  4. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys

Im gonna try to do what you suggest, tonight , posting news pics stay tune :cheers:
  5. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok i did what you suggest me, and it work pretty well no more rolling arond, stabe and the actuator seam to by able to move the simulator whit me in it.

So now i try to configure it, a did follow the video tutorial , but when i connect whit the forcesender, i got a message that my system dont reconize one axe or something like than, but x-sim reconize and move both actuator what i do wrong? I will try to be more specific later today whit new pics.
  6. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    new pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://album.gourgane.com/var/albums/scn5/11.jpg?m=1282086613[img]
    [img]http://album.gourgane.com/var/albums/scn5/9.jpg?m=1282086616
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The places where the acutator arms are fixed are not on a horizontal line with the pivot still.
    The center of the pivot is, regarding the picture, perhaps 10cm above the ground.
    The actuators should be fixed on the same height to get more lateral force imho.

However, nice pics.
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  9. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So if i understand right, my actuator arm are to short? My arms are 26,5in long whit the actuator at 50mm i did both it use like that from a guy in florida Jason who has a desing of a foldable simulator, but maybe his idea is not so bright? So a need longer actuator arm, any tips on how to create those easyly?

by the way thanks for the link im sure i will learn a lot
  10. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Continuing my testing tonight, i was able to test a bit using the race07 plugin whit race07 my math setting was not right but still a felt someting the trottel and shifting but after 3-4 laps i hear a noise biping sond on and off for a while on again...,it seam like a commun trouble for beginer like me. So my question is by using longuer arm like you thold me in line whit the pivot, will it stop or help about the biping noise or is the angles, or the weigt the problem?
    And also how dangerous are those sound? (i dont have the manuel, i guess it on line but...)

thx
  11. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    By using GTR2_ego.rar profile whit race07 it work great i mean WOW more than my expectation i was not expecting this to work at all , its like magical. And almost to noting bip if so not laud.

thanks everybody its christmas to me right now :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:
  12. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Glad you are making progress. Just keep playing with the actuator lengths and positions until you get rid of the beeping sound.

Also try to play with the balance of the seat. If there is too much weight on the front, move the pivot forward a bit.
  13. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If some one can help me ,im not able to start rfactor when x-sim is on it crash at the opening, i remember than a read somewhere that a need to put some file in the roof folder but not sure
    Note that race07 work
    thanks
  14. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok find it it was the plug in in other stuff. i now use it its great :yippiee: