1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Lesson DOF Reality assignments solved.

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by slipstream, Mar 24, 2019.

1. slipstream

slipstream Airborne

Balance:
    508Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    So for DCS I’ve finally managed to assign roll and pitch axis to represent joystick inputs. It’s been a nightmare of epic proportions. Here are my settings for default and DCS. I’ve tried every conceivable selection.

The main issue I have is that I must allocate 100 percent to both pitch and roll or else there is a distinct lag between aircraft movement and seat movement. Why? I have no idea. It’s identical to the deadzone setting.

Whenever I leave output testing (from DCS dropdown game list in axis assignments) and return to axis assignments it’s back to the default settings (in game list) which is a royal pain in the butt. Why it does that I have no idea.

Attached Files:

2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    It's almost certainly the filtering your doing buddy.
    Remove the filtering your doing and it all will be gone.

This is because output testing uses the Default Profile.
    So when you start output testing, it will switch to the Default profile and load it.

Take care!
    yobuddy
  3. slipstream

slipstream Airborne

Balance:
    508Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks. I have only gain set at full or else, again, I have lag between aircraft movement and chair. Return does absolutely nothing. Smoothing same, nothing. Still very jerky movement which I’m going to have to live with.

Why does output testing only test default? Doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not interested in default, I’m interested in the sim I’m going to be flying / driving in.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    This is why return does noting. Its set too high.
    But I would turn these both off for the test.

The first thing you do when you get GameEngine up and running is to make the default profile work.
    Basically, so you can goto Output Testing and make Roll pitch heave... all work.
    Once this is all working you know the setup for your sim and this becomes the working starting place for new game plugins.
    And only slight modifications are required from here per game (like flipping the direction of a input).

Your free to edit the default profile at any time thou, and then simply load it for the game you want to use it for.
    locking it to the Default profile id just something that helps new users get going.
    Maybe now that 2.4 will have multiple GameEngine output settings (Standard, Advanced and Expert) this could be changed for the Advanced and Expert settings.

What is you Game Manger Main % setting?
    Please set it to 100% if its not there already.

Take care,
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. slipstream

slipstream Airborne

Balance:
    508Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    More confusion. Lol. So once I establish the default settings for my sim, how do I copy those settings over to DCS?

Also, can I copy the basic settings over to advanced settings cos I’ve tried it but everything resets when I try.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Switch to the the game you want to save the settings for.
    Click the button at the top that says, "Load Default" and then click Save.

There is no way to automatically do this no.
    But the same settings will work as the advanced plugin is built of the basic one.

Take care,
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  7. slipstream

slipstream Airborne

Balance:
    508Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks Buddy.