1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY - Sequential shifter with button box

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Bullitt, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    hi i would like to post my sequential shifter, for my project i took inspiration from various project here on this forum and from the sequential by frex.
    IMG_3470.jpg
    i think a sequential like this can be cheap to make if you have access to some tools like press drill, bench saw.
    to connect the shifter to the pc i have used one of the cheap usb gamepad you can get on aliexpress(4-5$), once you get rid of the shell the board is very small, light and easy to hide.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB...2739391270.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.62.qD86su
    IMG_3482.jpg

for the side ai have used 2x flat bar of aluminium 100x180x3mm, they are hold in place by a aluminium U channel 50x50mm cut to different sizes.
    the shifter is then bolted with 50x50 aluminium angle bracket to the rig.
    IMG_3449.jpg
    i have used a 2x M8 steel rod and 2x M8 End rod joint (found on aliexpress), 2x springs found on hardware store, a M12 Teflon rod with a thru 8mm hole, a few M8 nut and locknuts and spacers.
    the switch in the pic is a heavy duty OnOffOn but i have now replaced it with a couple of end stop switch mounted vertically.

i have 3d printed the knob taking inspiration from a Sparco knob and the top cover which i then fitted with few momentarily buttons soldered to the usb controller.
    IMG_3649.jpg
    To do:
    i want implement a rotary encoder but because the USB controller does not support an encoder i would have to replace it with a better joystick controller, maybe one that support analog input as well for future handbrake project.

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2