1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY cockpit

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by mkneeds, Jan 21, 2017.

1. mkneeds

mkneeds New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Well, Im not extremely proud to show this off, but its a whole lot better than it has been before. Ive been experimenting with diy hardware for a lil while now. Have successfully completed a h-pattern shifter from a logitech wingman joystick and xmapper, built numerous button boxes using game controllers, keyboards, and arduino chips as mainboards. Just recently got RPM gauge wire through rev chip and 12v plug for illumination. Water gauge in pics is mechanical so just taking up space until electronic one shows up. Also have pc fans blowing out under rpm gauge and on feet wired through arduino and mm to control speed from iracing. Currently, im acquiring supplies and doing research into motion sim. Im very confident I can get it done, however right now im deciding between 2 and 3 dof. Like I said, it aint pretty but dang its fun. Oh almost forgot, didnt wanna spring for buttkicker so took my big soundbar and mounted it to the back of my chair, the vibration is pretty dang awesome. My wheel is a TSW analog with 13in cup wheel, added wheel cover so i dont cramp hand whiteknuckling down backstretch. Anything you can divulge about arduino is greatly appreciated because were always learning. May use next arduino chip for shift light with over and undershift lights also, oh and key ignition box for giggles.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3