1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY Arduino wheel

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by lesley, Nov 26, 2021.

1. lesley

lesley New Member

Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    What power supply would I need to power a 24V wheelchair motor
    3900Rpm
    320 watt
    13amp to build the Arduino DIY wheel

Attached Files:

2. lesley

lesley New Member

Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes,I'm currently creating paddle shifters for it
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2022
  3. mirrs

mirrs New Member

Balance:
    48Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hit me with a step by step brosef
  4. V1nc1

V1nc1 New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anything above 312 watts
  5. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    113Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    minimum 15amps 24v, but to be on the safe side if peaks occurred maybe 20amps
  6. Rodeo5150

Rodeo5150 ROOKIE BUT LEARNING FAST Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    I'm curious what gave you the idea to use a wheelchair motor I assume you just took the gearbox off correct? I'd like to know more information on this I'm very curious about your process here. I'm interested what are you using for holding torque I mean are you using just the motor I mean what's providing the torque
  7. lesley

lesley New Member

Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello
    In my mind there are some things that over complicate themselves unnecessarily. In this case i just used the idea of the G27 wheel, literally 2 Dc motors(or 1 i dnt remember)and a controller with some board telling the motor how to rotate.(ffb) replicate that, like i have and you have a wheel of your own that does the exact same thing. I cannot answer your question as to "holding torque" , but what i can tell you is it works exactly how a "dc motorized" sim wheel should work. i can go for 4 hours at a time before heating becomes an issue.(because i have no fans and its in prototype form even tho i'm using it for a long time, its only temporary). i feel bumps,kurbs slips,etc. it does the job. this could be useless information but to me i have a working "smaller scale DD wheel". i mean, i know in numbers things tend to complicate, but a DD wheel is just a motor(servo motor directly to an encoder) i just replicated it with a DC motor with an attached encoder to the back.
  8. lesley

lesley New Member

Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    i will post a video of it later, and somehow i will explain what's happening and how i done it. this should answer probably every bodies question that's following this design.