1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial DIY 2DOF with IBT 2 chinese

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by yanuarnoob, Nov 9, 2022.

1. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hi everyone, here I will make a rig simulator 2 dof which I will start and will share my experience with all of you, I am just a beginner from somewhere in my country, with limited parts and I use parts from recycled or unused parts because I I can't buy a new part because it will be much more expensive than my budget, I started by making a rig from hollow iron, I did all that without drawing and immediately practiced with a few adjustments

Attached Files:

2. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I used a wiper motor from a used truck in my country and I bought it at a cheap price, and I also bought a 24v power supply from a former ATM, and as a coupling joint I used a 3-wheel motorcycle that I bought at a cheap price, and I assembled it myself with my brother helped me for welding, I did all of that by welding, because of the limited tools, because I live in the village

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    a little update from me with my work project, I bought a used honda civic chair very cheaply and I cleaned it, and I just finished my electronic device by buying it online in my country, with the wiring diagram following the instructions here, I'm using an arduino uno and ibt2 chinese and multipurpose box,
    I'm using a 24v 14.6A power supply from meanwell and I bought it secondhand from here too and it's very cheap and works well
    and this is the result, a little update from me and I will meet again, thank you, sorry if my words are very bad

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    IMG-20221113-WA0011.jpg a little upgrade from me, I use a potentiometer that is modded using a hall sensor ss 49e and is quite sensitive at a very cheap cost, I pair it with a 2x8mm neodium magnet,
    IMG-20221113-WA0010.jpg

and I use this because to eliminate noise that is always present in potentiometers in general, and how this is quite successful and very minimal noise is not even there,,, IMG-20221113-WA0012.jpg

I combined this potentiometer mod with glue gun, and this is quite successful and even if there is a change in the angle I can shift it by removing it without any significant hard work, a little update from me, maybe next update I will make a test one day, thank you IMG-20221113-WA0014.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.19.12.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.19.28.jpeg

this is the final update for my rig and this is all i welded with my brother, and using hollow iron, and i bought a used servo at a cheap price at my friend,

and i all made it stick in my rig and i made a servo mount with my own hands and it's pretty satisfying even if you think it's ugly,
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.17.17.jpeg
    and I made a pc holder to make it compact and neat because my space is very limited,
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.17.43.jpeg

.... I made a pedal with wood and a hall sensor and it worked pretty well,,,

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.19.55.jpeg
    and I made a servo desk stand with a few adjustments to make it look neat and when the servo is not used I made it to finish the job for typing on the keyboard...
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.18.33.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-15 at 16.19.42.jpeg
    and that's my update rig I hope it can inspire others with a tight budget of course, and then I will test my 2 dof and hopefully it goes well...thank you

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-16 at 09.40.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-16 at 09.40.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-16 at 09.44.16.jpeg

Hi, now I have tested the 2 DOFs that I made and they can work, and I have done the settings by first reading the threads of the people on xsimulator and I already understand, thanks to the people who have shared knowledge and experiences in this forum,, I hope to have a free license so I can continue to develop in the future,
  7. yanuarnoob

yanuarnoob New Member

Balance:
    12Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    and this is my test video,,and I really like it,,I use LFS game...it's pretty good in terms of gameplay and I'm very entertained,and I'm sorry because the test video uses a ds4 joystick because my steering wheel isn't finished yet...thank you
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Congrats on your achievement bro! :cheers