1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dirt Rally - still bugged? Why cant this be fixed?

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by Mik, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Mik

Mik New Member

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys.

Was happy with dirt rally until it somehow stopped doing heave and surge - i then googled the issue, and tons of resolutions came up; none of which worked.

It seems to me by looking at the forum + other spots, that this is still an unresolved issue. Cant anyone fix this so we can get the best rally game presently working on simtools with motion (3dof)

?
  2. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    For some people work fine, for some don't.

I am like you, none of the suggested fixes didn't help. Surge force has a lot of high spikes and vibrations, even when standing still on the road - the car shakes a lot.

Dirt Rally 2 will be out soon (Feb. 26th) and hopefully we won't have the same problem there..
  3. Mik

Mik New Member

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey - i appreciate you taking the time.

It just seems weird to me; we have simtools, a pretty advanced program which makes alot of people build their own systems costing quite a bit of time and cash; And then we have Dirt Rally, a game that supports motion, but where something in it fails, and noone can figure it out.

Just seems weird.
  4. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    If its the game itself what do you expect people here to do? It working then suddenly not indicates it was just updated? Anyway if it needs to and can be fixed it will be given patience.
  5. Mik

Mik New Member

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    it has been an issue since 2017. Patience isnt the issue :)

But yes, if the problem is in dirt itself then yeah i can see that can be hard to fix - it just seems to me like the issue is with simtools actually. But what do i know.. anyways
  6. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Hi Guy's,
    Unfortunately It's the game itself that is the problem.
    It seems to happen when you TAB out of the game and back in.
    I have seen people fix it by simply changing their resolution and then switching it back.

With that said, i have never had a problem.
    But i constantly have the game in windowed mode for testing purposes.
    You could try dropping into windowed mode and back and see what happens.

Take care,
    yobuddy
  7. Mik

Mik New Member

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Ive tried both, nothing works im afraid.

I guess ill just hope dirt rally 2.0 wont have these issues! =/
  8. DotComRich

DotComRich Member

Balance:
    544Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    I can't get Dirt Rally to work at all with any plugin, I've just given up on it and will now have to wait for DR 2 vr edition.
  9. CBC_North

CBC_North Member

Computer Engineer
    Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    It's definitely the game itself and related to the graphical output. I absolutely cannot get it to work if I'm using it on a monitor but it works fine for me in VR mode. Same symptoms as here where the surge/heave axis stops outputting correct data.