1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dirt rally and Pcars in VR mode, which better?

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by AlexinChina, Jul 29, 2016.

1. AlexinChina

AlexinChina Member

Balance:
    371Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Version 1.2 of DiRT Rally has arrived, bringing with it Oculus Rift support!
    Last year, I test PCars in VR mode, it's beautiful quality!
    But I think Dirts are more fun than PCars, and as the tittle shows,
    Dirt rally and Pcars in VR mode, which better?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    i gotta go with dirt its just so involving and can be very very clear to with speed, i can be on a rally stage and actually stop to check out the views ! lol
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    452Coins
    Ratings:
    +632 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Dirt rally for sure !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. lcturkey

lcturkey Member

Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Project Cars graphics are definitely better than Dirt Rally. I am talking about the last Project Cars Oculus version and user menu for vr so easy to use.
  5. monicamary

monicamary Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Dirt Rally is more fun but I have never really likes Project Cars. The only thing that bugs me in Dirt Rally is the steering wheel rotation. I don't know if this can be fixed because I haven't played the game for a while.
  6. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,795Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @monicamary - I just turn the wheel off, so it's not displayed at all. Improves the experience no end. Also, make sure the Dynamic Head Movement is switched off.

I only play Project Cars these days to do hot laps of Bathurst in the Ford FG V8, but I do like the VR experience in Project Cars.

DiRT Rally is my go to game for VR. It's the only game that makes me make involuntary sounds....
    • Funny Funny x 1