1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question dirt rally 2 hardware_settings_config.xml always reset default

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by stargazer, Jan 4, 2020.

1. stargazer

stargazer Active Member

Electrical/Computer Engineer
    Balance:
    811Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Hi
    I am having hard time getting dirt rally 2 to work with my motion simulator. I followed the instructions from this thread https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/dirt-rally-2-plugin.13081/page-2 to set the udp enabled in the file C:\Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally 2.0\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml

to

<motion_platform>
    <dbox enabled="true" />
    <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="4123" ExtraData="3" Delay="1" />
    <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" ExtraData="3" Delay="1" />
    <udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="22078" ExtraData="3" Delay="1" />
    <fanatec enabled="false" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
    </motion_platform>

but when I ran the game there was no motion. I also found that each time the game was run, the config file would reset to

<motion_platform>
    <dbox enabled="true" />
    <udp enabled="false" extradata="0" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
    <custom_udp enabled="false" filename="packet_data.xml" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
    <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
    </motion_platform>

would someone know how to fix this problem?

thank you!
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    SimTools does not auto patch anything.
    Is there anything else installed that could be auto-patching the games?
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  3. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    You could try changing the config file to read only after changing it. (Right click the config file, properties and click read only under attributes). Worth a shot?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. stargazer

stargazer Active Member

Electrical/Computer Engineer
    Balance:
    811Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    It appears that some other application is preventing the file to be modified. When I changed the file and waited for a few minutes, then the file got changed back to the original again. That is the game didn't even run at all. I wonder if there is a way that can tell me which application was reverting the file??
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    I seem to remember someone telling me race studio does this?
    I think it was that app anyway...
    yobuddy