1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Dirt Rally 2.0 weird min and max values

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Nicki9knuckles, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Nicki9knuckles

Nicki9knuckles Active Member

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    Hi there, I am getting some really weird values when I try and run Dirt Rally 2.0. I tried in both Simtools versions and both show different values. Fyi this is after me carfully driving without hitting anything and going around a few turns and hills. When I run this profile at full intensity level, my motors just jump around. I tried lowering it to 80 and nothing is moving in a logical way, like the axis3 is shifted to one side, and my axis 1 and 2 are not really moving. Not sure if anyone ran into this before. And the roll input is NAN in the new SimTools. Not sure why that would be.
    Thanks!

dirtrall2-werid-min-max.JPG dirtrally2-axis-settings.JPG dirtrally2-ols-simtools-weird-capture.JPG
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Looks like the same problem in wrcg, I will take a look.
    Thanks!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  4. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @yobuddy just a heads up that this seems to only be an issue with the plugin inside of SimTools v3. I was just testing SimTools v2.5 with Dirt Rally 2.0 and it works like a charm.
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Nicki9knuckles,
    I pushed a new Dirt Rally 2.0 v3 plugin to the repo earlier today, maybe let it update and give it another shot.
    Thanks buddy!
  6. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hey @yobuddy I just gave the update a try. I seen it was available in Simtools v3, and downloaded it. Then I booted up DR2 and got though all the menus but as soon as I get to the race, Simtools crashes. I reproduced this the 2 times I tried, booting it up a second time and relaunching DR2.
  7. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @yobuddy let me know if there is any logs or anything useful I can send you to help if you want.
  8. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Please remove the plugin all together and restart v3.
    Then reinstall the plugin and give it another go.
    (It's using different patching now, so I think it did not patch correctly is all.)
    But we will see :D.
    Chat soon!
    yobuddy
  9. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hey @yobuddy ! You were right! Uninstalling the patch first fixed it, things are working perfectly now. Nice work!!
    • Like Like x 2