1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question direct drive wheel ideas (HELP!!)

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by lesley, Jun 25, 2021.

1. lesley

lesley New Member

Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    ok soo i am still panning hard to get myself a DD wheel with what i have because i cannot wait to next year to get the 130st servo motor and drive .

currently what i had was a g27 and dfgt pro,and they both died. the g27 encoder still works as what i'm about to discuss is maybe a ffb plan to the future.

HardWare:

1 x Thanos TDD micro aasd 15 controller
    3 x bts 7960 motor drivers
    1 x arduino Rev3 uno
    4 x wheelchair motors (excluding the two logitech wheels )

i managed to connect the g27 encoder with motor to the tdd board the help of a momo opto LABELED wiring diagram.(encder wiring)
    ENC A (on tdd micro board)= A White(on g27 encoder)
    ENC B (on tdd micro board)=B Black(on g27 encoder)
    5V (on tdd micro board)= 5V Green(on g27 encoder)
    GNF (on tdd micro board)=Grn Yellow(on g27 encoder)
    And what happend was i got actual game input. the wheel goes left and right when i rotate the motor.

So my whole next idea was, Can i use a bts7960 motor drive or 2 and connect the g27 motors + encoder to have the ffb enabled. (using the DB25 wiring) (i will include images hopefully its clear or u get what i mean). If so could somebody out there please assist with regards to how i would wire the db 25. on the TDD micro i would love to know what wires go into the "torque,index,dir"pins .

lastly
    please help with mmos 2014 settings when using a 60 cpr. it says u cannot use anything below 256 cpr
    its set to pwm(hbridge).

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Nice idea/job but the new fanatec DD is quite cheap too. I have 2 old g27 somewhere. If you manage to pull this up I might try it too. Good luck
  3. lesley

lesley New Member

Balance:
    20Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform

Mmmm looking good as a start

Attached Files: