1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

different max travels for vertical, lateral and longitudinal

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by AldoZ, Mar 7, 2012.

1. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi all, I need help! Here my situation:

35cm of vertical mechanical travel available.
    20cm of lateral mechanical travel available.
    20cm of longitudinal mechanical travel available.

Ok, you can see my motion system can do 35cm of vertical up and down movement but only 20cm of lateral and longitudinal.

If I set my profiler using all 35cm travel as standard for all dof (vertical, lateral and longitudinal) so I can obtain my motor trying to overtake the lateral or longitudinal mechanical limits and I can obtain a bad mechanical damage then!

I would all three my dof to be handled by x-sim with their precise limits.
    I would that x-sim know that the max travel of the lateral and longitudinal dofs is 20cm and that the max travel of the vertical is 35cm. I hope you can understand what I mean!
    So I am trying to make some profiler theory tests(I have the platform dismounted for now so I need just to make some theory experiment with the profiler).

Please look at the attached pic:
    profiler_testt.png

This is my trick to overtake this problem!, I am trying to make the profiler handling both the 3 dof using 3 different mechanical travel limitations.

You can see that the value26 (vertical) have a 100% percent limiter then the available mechanical travel is all the 35cm available.
    You can see that the value27 (longitudinal) and value 25 (lateral) have their own limitations (both to 70% percent limiter) so both will be limited to 20cm of mechanical travel.

If I don't use these individual limitations so I will obtain my motor trying to going over the maximum longitudinal and lateral mechanical travel so I will obtain a bad crash and damages.. :eek:

So, please, tell me If my trick is right and if not please, give me some help!
    Thank you all!
  2. tahustvedt

tahustvedt Member

Balance:
    62Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Test it. Assign joystick sender inputs instead of the lateral/whatever forces and you can use controlled inputs to see what happens.
  3. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    eh yes, today I will do some test with test pallets and the profile of the attached pic.
    I hope..
  4. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi value1, I may not have explained the situation well.
    My motion system is a 3dof so all 3 motors have to handle the vertical, lateral and longitudinal axis.
    So when the game is running my 3 motors working to make a mix of the vertical,lateral and longitudinal behaviour.

Inside this MIX x-sim should to know when my motors have to use all 35cm maximum travel or just the 20cm maximum travel, this depending of what of the three dof is handled in a precision moment.

In other words I would have a situation like this:
    My platform reproduces the verical bumpings of the road and I feel all 35cm of vertical shake! In the simulator
    In the same moment in the game (rFactor) come a bad corner and I am really fast with my virtual car! and I have to face the corner.. the lateral g-force is very high and my platform must tilt lateral at his mechanical limit (20cm and NOT 35!!).
    I hope you can understand what I am writing :(

you can see this pic to understand well what I mean for mechanical travel:
    35cm_travel.GIF

I would to use all these 35cm of mechanical travel just for the vertical value. For longitudinal and lateral values I would to use just a 70% of these 35cm (example just 20cm, not precise but just for the example) becuase my cylinder/piston can make a 35cm mechanical travel but my universal joint can do just a 20cm mechanical travel (so the lateral and longitudinal both have 20cm of mechanical movement of my motor stirrup!
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could be wrong and often I am, but it sounds like more a build configuration of your sim since you put in the new spring. Are the motors in different places now as to where they were before? If you have moved the motors further out or in, that would affect overall travel on side to side, back and forth motion.
    I found that with my current build [​IMG]
    I put the motors more towards the feet end of the sim, and then I built a extra frame for the motors to connect at about the same height as the seat, as the foot pedal was low. I found roll (lateral) was the same pitch( longitudinal) was shorter. I didn't realize this when I built the thing on paper and google sketch up.
    Perhaps its a similar issue with yours.
    In JRK you could shorted the throw of the motors via feedback learn, but this would affect all motion making it shorter.
  6. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi bsft, I don't change my motor position! plese see the attached pic here:
    Nuovo Immagine bitmap2_jpg.JPG

You can see from this pic that if I use my all 3 motors with a 35cm max travel so I will obtain my motor stirrup trying to put my lateral inclination over the central universal joint mechanical inclination limits!!

And as you told, if I use the jrk config utility to make a travel limitation so I will get the travel limitation for all 3 axis that the motor will handle.
    The limitation of 70% of max travel must to be applied just for the lateral and longitudinal movement!
    :(
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did say I was wrong...... :uups:
    Sorry, got me stuck on that one, not sure then.
    Anyone else can help?
  8. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    bsft no problem, this is a bad problem even to describe using my english.. :(

Hi sirnoname!, so you are confirming that my trick to limit just the lateral and longitudinal values (using percent limiter) can't work?
    here the pic:
    profiler_testt.png

If you confirm that so, please can you teach me fast how can I use spider plugin to do that? :blush: