1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

dicovering the "mean value filter"

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by AldoZ, Mar 24, 2012.

1. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi all, today I discovered the mean value filter math plugin. it was a great discovery for me but I have a little doubt about.

Ok, I am using my LEFT axis for this example and in this axis there was only the 26 vertical effect:

Not using this math plugin:
    My profile vertical force order to my motor to go from pos-40 to pos100 and immediately after from pos100 to pos -10.
    Ok, all work good but I notice that in this movement path I got a lot of positive and negative movement peaks. So the movement path was not linear but was full of peaks making the motor movement really disorderly.

Using this math plugin:
    Using this mean value filter (with 30 as value requested from this math plugin):
    Ok the ordered movement path was the same of previous case but this time I get a much more linear and smooth making the motor movement really orderly and above all, much more visible.

Ok, now my doubt:
    So the example work great but now I have to test this plugin on my LEFT axis with ALL effects (lateral, longitudinal, vertical).
    here the pic:
    PROFILER_new.jpg

And finally my question! :uups: :
    the mean value filter math plugin ask choose a number of values to use.. ok I put 30.

Watching the pic, what mean this 30?
    A) the mean value filter take the values of the last 30 cycles of the 26 effect and it build an average value to use.
    B) the mean value filter take the values of the last 30 cycles of ALL the effects (vertical, lateral,longitudinal) in the axis and it build an average value (I repeat, of all the effects!) to use.

So, can I get mean value filter working just on 26 effect of my axis?
    Or it will include all the effects of the axis (vertical, lateral, longitudinal) to make the average value?

Thank you so mutch and please.. use your best basic english possible! :?
  2. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello AldoZ,
    I think in your case the answer is A. Thats because the 26 effect is above the filter in math table.

Now, how do we do if the effect we want to filter, or make something else with it, is in the middle or in the end of math table? The answer is probably copy and combine feature.
    Here is the manual I wrote and how to use copy and combine:
    operation-plugfree-t3301.html?hilit=operation plugfree&start=70
    the download link @ page 8

And here is one example of how to make filers and limiters specific to certain effects:
    profiler.jpg

This way the limiter will affect only inside the copy and combine segment. At least it was behaving this way on few tests I made with limiter math plugin. So it might work for mean value filter aswell.

I will run few more tests here but I think its failure proof. ;D

regards,
    rafael.
  3. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi Rafael and thank you for answer. The profiler math setup section using precise rules and I would be happy if I were sure of these rules with no doubts.

then, if I would to apply a filter ONLY to a my precise effect so I have to add the filter just under the line effect.

EXAMPLE, Applying a filter to my 26 effect:
    line 1 ------> effect 26
    line 2 ------> filter

Please take a look to this pic to understand well what I mean :
    profiler_testt.png
    In this example pic I am applying a precise percent limiter filter to each of my effect so I will obtain :
    26 effect ----> 100% percent limiter (then no limit)
    27 effect ----> 70% percent limiter
    25 effect ----> 70% percent limiter

I am right about?
    If yes so I don't understand why ,in your example, you are using the copy and combine..
    you should still get the result of the mean value and percent limiter applied just to your 26 effect because these filters are just below of your 26 effect!
    Or I missing something? :?

PS.
    I think I have not understood yet the copy and combine plugin... :dntknw:
  4. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello Aldoz!
    Here another example:

Effect 26 (ex: big bumps) 1.000.000 from this line effect
    limiter 50% from above line 1.000.000 = 500.000 result value so far with limiter
    Effect 26 (ex: small bumps) 1.300.000 from this line effect + 500.000 from above line result
    limiter 10% from above line 1.800.000 = 180.000 result value so far with limiter
    Total = 180.000 or 0.18G

Now with copy and combine:
    Effect 26 (ex: big bumps) 1.000.000 from this line effect
    limiter 50% from above line 1.000.000 = 500.000 result value so far with limiter
    Copy and combine store result so far (500.000)
    Effect 26 (ex: small bumps) 1.300.000 from this line effect
    limiter 10% from above line 1.300.000 = 130.000 result value so far with limiter
    Copy an combine recall stored (500.000) and add to current value (130.000)
    Total = 630.000 or 0.63G

regards!
    Rafael