1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Definitive option to replace commercial software

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by tonquites, Dec 14, 2011.

1. tonquites

tonquites Member

Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These days, I had information that bothers me a lot. The charging an annual fee to upgrade rFactor2. If this is confirmed, I feel betrayed as a developer of rFactor community, because I've done many paintings and 3Ds for this game. :no:

The community X-SIM simulator supports or support any opensource multi-platform? I would love to help build such an initiative.

If anyone knows opensource, please tell me, I remember the Racer, but it is not opensource. :thbup:

Regards
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting comment. Sometimes , it is best to pay for an item , than try to get it for free, even if you have provided work towards it. If you are being asked to pay for the upgrade, then speak to the developers and see if you can get a reduced cost.
    You get what you pay for sometimes.
  3. tonquites

tonquites Member

Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello bsft, thanks for the comment.
    The issue is not the PAY is rather to help build something that does not depend on the mood of the market. Something like Linux, a philosophy that was for everyone. Whoever wants to pay, or who want to help. Not looking for advantage financially, just want to help a race open source project. :)
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood, so what are you saying then?
  5. tonquites

tonquites Member

Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello bsft,
    First, sorry my bad english, I use the google translator and sometimes out too bad communication.

I will speak on topics as it facilitates communication.

1 - I think the people here very inspiring site, are the examples sirnoname and tronicgr. :highfive:

2 - I would follow the example of the sirnoname and tronicgr and help build something that was of all people. :thbup:

3 - The game industry, entrepreneurial drive follows a pattern, not caring realmete with people, want to profit, if the game's more profit then leave. :no:

4 - Is it fair to the company that always need to have innovative ideas.

5 - But the ideas that are already in the public domain has to turn to open source, and that is where we can help. As is done here by pessaos X-sim, giving our abilities for the greater good.

6 - I hope I can find an open source project seriously that I can contribute. :clap:

7- Ou então, com doações do mundo interio podemos comprar um jogo tipo rFactor e continuarmos seu trabalho. Igual ocorreu com o Blender 3D que teve seu codigo fonte comprado por milhoes de doações. Imagine como seria legal este trabalho.. :brows:
  6. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMHO... research & development need money. you still have to buy a license for programming and graphic software etc. for example ms visual C++ pro or Autodesk 3Dmax are never come for free. development RIG and tools need more money. Put it to test need more and more money.some of development i found locally for animation cartoon need 10 to 25 intel i7 computer run simultaneously in various of ORIGINAL COPY OF operating systems. With more money in their pocket.They will put it back into new technology research for better future product. They can hire more skill programmer to double the speed of development. the only bad side you need to pay a little bit for it. The best side is the version number are not going to stuck for years without update anymore. :)
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed Kubing, a better way of saying what I tried to say.
    Tonquites, if you are looking for a replacment to commercial software, at this stage, you have it and free , with little and or no extra development.
    Sirnonname has busted his arse (metaphorically speaking) to write this program. He has also requested over and over for help in return. Sure a lot of us are busy, but surely we can contribute something back. Be it help with new users or document writing.
    Otherwise open the wallet and stop being stingy. When the cost gets too high, then start complaining.
    Back to sim building...never ending cost.....
  8. tonquites

tonquites Member

Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reviews are very important to me.

kubing, we are what we believe, is believed to only be able to pay something, then this is the only way for you. For me there is always the possibility of joining a community to work, unity is strength.

bsft not believe I'm greedy in trying to develop things for myself, here in the community including X-Yes, I say again, the easiest way would be to buy the simulator or game ready, but I chose the path of challenge.

For me Sirnonname is a Hero.

Anyone know of any open source project race to tell me?