1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DANIEL'S 2DOF SCN5+12V WORM GEAR MOTOR TL

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Danny255, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi all simulator fans, i've been watching this page for long time, there are many clever, creative and crazy people, i like this very much. So after some time, i decided to join your community and do my things with you :). At the beginning, sorry for my english gramatics, I'm from Czech Republic, so I am still learning :), and novice in electronic, that is first time, what i am doing pretty big project like this.
    1 month ago, i bought all electronics, i wanted to start with hardware/software, test, when everything is allright and comunicating. As first project i wanted wiper truck motors, they are not so expensive, and have good torgue. But i didn't know, when they will be slower in other direction. I hope it won't be problem with 2dof.

I am using this hardware:

1) 2 Gear wiper truck motors 12v, 40rpm, 52Nm, 100w(hope it will be enough, in future i'm planing 24vmotors)
    price:57USD

2) PSU 350W, 30A, 12V price: 39USD

3) 2X Motomonster controllers price:12USD(cheaper version, but works well)

4) Arduino uno board price:42USD (i had one from past, so i did not buy new)

5) 2x Potenciometr T-16 Mono Linear 0,2W 200% 10K price:9USD

6) Jumper wires price:5USD

7) Heatsink+thermal paste price:10USD

8) Cooler for motomonster price:12USD

So,That's my setup for this project. There are some pics. Testing communication between arduino and MM.
    I am using RacingMat scheme for connection. Thank you very much man, everything works. But first day, i was faulty, and burned out 1 Motomonster h bridge with bad connecting motor :D :D, because that,i bought 2 pieces :D. So now i am using just one:). This is only start, i will post my progression, and maybe you can help me, if problems will come. Thank you for reading this all Sim fans, see you soon.

IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0540.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0546.JPG IMG_0536.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,942Coins
    Ratings:
    +296 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    It is a beautiful project that starts but I still have a big doubt about the motors that make 52Nm for 100w, probably 25Nm ?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    This my firt post, i can't post link with motor to you. But there is stall torgue:52Nm..it's from Alibaba (China), so maybe they are lying :D
  4. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,942Coins
    Ratings:
    +296 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    On my webshop (https://simukit.com) I sell dc motors 120w for 25Nm and 350w for 40Nm... So 52Nm for 100w is very impressive o_O !
  5. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Pretty nice site :) I don't know about motors so much. I will see when this torgue is possible in testing with construction,which i will be doing this month.But i think this torgue is paid with low speed rpm, so maybe it is possible. Today in the evening i will post the video with testing potenciometers and compatibility with simtools. I want to know your opinion,when is it enough for good simulator movement,because how i said,i dont have any experiances.
  6. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,942Coins
    Ratings:
    +296 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I think for a 2 dof they will be enough if you set the center of gravity on the universal joint.
  7. lilted86

lilted86 Member

Balance:
    489Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT
    nice bro!...great project..can wait to see it finish!!
  8. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I hope,when everything will be ok with jointer in right position,i want to buy aluminum profiles and start gauge my future construction:).Anyway you didn't see that oposite direction speed,it's horrible in my opinion(i will post video,you will se). In the worst case,i will have to buy new motors with normal direction speed.
  9. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    How i promised, there is my testing video, first with pots, second with simtools. I want to know your opinion about that slow speed..I'm very afraid, that will be problem :/

Pots testing
    [youtube]

Simtools testing
    [youtube]

10. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,942Coins
    Ratings:
    +296 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I suggest you to use your motor on only 120° (instead of 180°). It will be more reactive if you want to use these motors.
  11. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Thank you for responce:)..please tell me, where i can set the degrees? in arduino code?
  12. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,942Coins
    Ratings:
    +296 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes, but it depends also how you plan to set the potentiometers : directly on the shaft or using gears to get a better precision ?
  13. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I want to set potenciometers directly on shaft..and when you said gear,you think gears of motor? or additional gear,example toothed ring
    And what part is that in code?
    Thank you
  14. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,942Coins
    Ratings:
    +296 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    You need to add gears on the shaft and on the potentiomter so it can turn on 300° (for example) and the motor on 120° : in this case a big gear of 50 teeth and a small gear of 20 teeth.

You need to adjust the min and max of potentiometers in the sketch.
  15. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Ok thank you very much for advice :)..I will play with that,try do to gearbox and set the code right. When there will be any progress,i will post pictures or video. See you later man ! ;)
  16. MarkusB

MarkusB Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +594 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Radioproffi

Radioproffi Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,567Coins
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    The power supply is not credible, I think need to be replaced when you first start under load.
  18. obobo

obobo Active Member

Balance:
    1,323Coins
    Ratings:
    +77 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    the power supply is correct and perfect for this use, I've the same more or less
  19. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Thank you people for reply :)
    MarkusB i know what Wanegain thought,I'm really thinking to make some gearbox for better speed and precision,but maybe i can fix my low speed without doing this. Today, when i came from work, i tried to connect wiper motor to power supply, it was going at normal speed in both directions, u just changed polarity. So i dont know, where is that problem, maybe on pots or MM board.
  20. Danny255

Danny255 Member

Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Sooo,i'ts a pretty a lot of time,when i last post some progress.My plans have changed.I decided to add third motor for traction loose.This motor(90ZYT-155-12 MCP4 60:1),this motor is from motion controll products).Its works pretty whell.Here is the picture of that.

Attached Files: