1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

CW's motion platform powered by X-Sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by CW, Jul 17, 2007.

1. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all it is about time I posted some videos and pictures of my platform and sim.
    The plane sim (beech baron twin) was a fully enclosed 2 DOF motion sim using CHComm and GWbasic code, it could replicate most forces including braking and takeoff roll acceleration. It had positional feedback by microswitches and I used PWM for speed control, after finding this site and the brilliant software I converted it it to X-sim software.
    I then pulled the sim apart and started on a car sim using LFS. Since the bare platform video to test the software with 7 year old Ashleigh driving I have mounted the race seat and steering wheel and am in the process of closing it in. (IMHO) you should have no reference to the outside world in order for the brain to take advantage of the movement ques.
    I have started building sim #4 which is a fully enclosed 737NG with 6 19 monitors for visual and three monitors for the MIP. I am going to make it 4 DOF I will post progress pictures. For the full construction details goto
    flight-simulator-with-electric-actuators-t223.html
    or to my website:
    http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/cwarner/flightsim.htm

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

www.x-simulator.de/forum/uploader/downl ... Carsim.zip]Carsim.zip
    www.x-simulator.de/forum/uploader/downl ... atform.zip]Platform.zip
    www.www.x-simulator.de/forum/uploader/d ... tform1.zip
    www.x-simulator.de/forum/uploader/downl ... tform2.zip]Platform2.zip
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi CW

Really amazing project! Good job!

Can't wait to see your progresses.

BTW: This is the best homemade flight simulator pic I've ever seen ;)
    [​IMG]

ego
  3. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sim

Thanks for your kind comments ego,
    I would just like to mention the picture you have, and the photos in the middle are of my first motion sim built way back in the pioneering days of 1999 and 2000 and I wasnt very happy with the results,I had one pentium 100 and the rest were 486's! It was a good stepping stone to the more recent sim which the other photos and videos are of. Now that we have some brilliant motion software to use I am starting number 4 platform. which hopefully will be bigger and better than the last one, I am fabricating the platform now with 4 DOF. havent decided on movement yet, hydraulic or electric both have their benefits and shortfalls!
  4. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Good job!

Have you took a ride, yet? Would like so see an updated vid in action with X-Sim ;)

Or are you fully concentrated on your new 5DOF platform now?

ego
  6. CW

CW Member

Jack of all
    Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Carsim

Gidday ego, Yep this sim is up and running and goes great, will get a video up soon.
    (After I clean the garage up!)

I am working on linear electric actuators for the other sim today and calculating torque and movement required.

I am hoping to sell the car sim to pay for my LCD monitors and video cards on the new one so I need to get it finished.