1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Crossfire and F1 2010....working but one small issue

Discussion in 'Archived information' started by ledfoot, Oct 1, 2010.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sirnoname,

I'm wondering if you can assist with figuring out an issue that I am having with the profiler and an application called Radeonpro.

RadeonPro (http://www.radeonpro.info) is an application that allows you to apply ATI crossfire profiles to games so that crossfire will work properly even if the game does not specifically support crossfire. Radeon pro runs in the background and intercepts the call to launch a game and applies the settings that you have defined.

I can use this application and the X-Sim force profiler with Dirt 2 with no issues but if I try and use this applicaiton with F1 2010, F1 2010 will not start properly 99% of the time if the force profiler is already running. The F1_2010_game.exe and the F1_2010.exe show up in the task manager but the game does not start. The only way that I can get it to start properly when using this application is to start F1 2010 and then run the force profiler after the game has launched. The force sender does not seem to affect this at all.

Once I get the game running, the proper crossfire profile is applied and I get a solid 60 FPS even when running DX11 and all setting on high with just my 5970 dual GPU (going to install the 5870 again tomorrow now that I have this working) :)

Any insight as to what could be causing this conflict between RadeonPro, F1 2010 and the force Profiler would be greatly appreciated.

....Mike
  2. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    You can also run the Profiler from a dedicated PC, once you do that, I believe you will not go back to single PC! ;-)
  3. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks MY,

I've run multiple profilers on multiple PC's in the past but at this point, my Quad i7 PC is more than enough to run the profiler and any sim that is currently available. I think the issue here is some weird compatability problem between the profiler and what RadeonPro is trying to do when it enables a crossfire profile. Not a major issue for me but just an annoyance.
  4. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    So, running the profiler on another PC would solve your issue (interim solution)! ;-)
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    An easier interim solution is to just start the profiler after F1 2010 has started which takes about 10 seconds. I don't want to complicate my setup with another PC just to be able to play one game. I can live with this issue for now until a solution is found.

......Mike