1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Couple of problems in simtools 2

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by mysimnet17, Dec 7, 2017.

1. mysimnet17

mysimnet17 New Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a new laptop running windows 10 to run simtools 2 and i have purchased a pro licence to play with the movie creator and see what simtools 2 can do , having simtools 1.3 still working on my old laptop , so after coping the settings for the serial interface across to the new pc running sim2 , i was a bit confused when it does not seem to work , i have nolimits2 installed on the sim2 laptop and patched that seems fine, when nolimits2 is running it gets telemetry in the "output testing" but unlike simtools 1.3 it is not initializing the machine or sending any movement , one other problem i noticed that if i load simtools 2 without the serial interface connected it looses all the settings, which is now getting annoying , simtools 1.3 does not loose settings when the serial device is not connected thankfully so i can look or edit the settings even when not connected to the serial device .
    i am looking at simtools 2 and scratching my head trying to find some setting that i may have missed but seems to be all the same , except simtools 2 keeps loosing my serial settings and initialization commands when i restart without the serial port connected , which is annoying as i work on the laptop in the office without the machine connected that is in a different location.

I have also tested the serial connection via the describe software on the new machine and can control the machine via a serial console , eliminating the possibility of the problem being the serial connection.

thanks
  2. mysimnet17

mysimnet17 New Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok bit of reading other threads here revealed

"For the transition from simtools 1.3 to simtools 2.1 it is essential to change the syntax of the interface from L <Axis1> R <Axis2> to L <Axis1a> R <Axis2a> otherwise there will be no movement. "

that would explain it , i will make some changes :) and see if that fixes it .

so now my only issue at the moment is settings disappearing when theres no serial port connected , hopefully that can be fixed.
  3. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    No real issue so far, AFAIK they will come back when the Arduino (or equivalent) is plugged in again, IF you don't change anything before that.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    This has been resolved for SimTools v2.2 already.

SimTools resets the interface settings when it finds wrong / corrupt interface settings.
    (in this case the com port is missing, and therefore the settings are bad.)

So with v2.2, the settings will load even without the interface attached.
    But then of course it won't be able to startup (since the interface is not attached) and you'll hear a BEEP-Beep when you launch the game.
    (Because the interface can't start up.)

Take care,
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 2