1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Complete beginner

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by hoggyjay, Mar 15, 2011.

1. hoggyjay

hoggyjay New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if this has been asked before,

Just started with X-sim via BV's Commander software.

I can only start the program and enjoy the ride thus far. I run only iRacing software with my rig.

Can anyone post a user guide to setting up iSpeed? I know the need to download iwarp but am lost in version numbers and revisions.

At some point it would also be nice to have my SLI-PRO working (Leo EK device) but am waiting for the API in iRacing or an other solution.

Also the two PC set up is a complete mystery to me at the moment. Running a profile on one and force sender/motiuon on the other?

I have read a number of posts on the above but can't find any descriptions of where to start.

All the best
    Hoggyjay
  2. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi,

I use IRacing+sli-pro+ISpeed+IWrap without problems. I have to lookinto which version i used, but i know that you need the right version of the sli-pro manager to make it work. (an older version, thats on the forum of EK) you don't have to setup ISpeed, just make sure it runs, just like IWrap.

Regarding using seperate pc's for X-Sim is not that difficult. And for me makes the motion better, some disagree though...
    On the Game pc you run the force-sender program that captures the data from the game and sends it on your network to the profiler-pc, and on the profiler-pc you run the force-profiler program.
    In the Profiler program is the IP adress of the PC you run the profiler on, you need to edit that IP in the force sender program where normally the local adress 127.0.0.1 stands so the sender knows where to send the data.
    One tip though, no wifi and use fixed IP adresses, as this makes it easy if the IP adress changes when reseting your router etc. Also check the WIKI and tutorials on this website.

Hope this helps!
  3. hoggyjay

hoggyjay New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mate,
    Cool just have to install and run iwrap, the same for ispeed. Was thinking about trying to use ispeed via a network to view on my iPad but I'll take baby steps.

If you could hunt down the version number of the sli-pro or pm with the setup file that would be great.

All the best
  4. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I also have tested a IPad as an external screen, it does work however for static stuff its ok, but i recommend a normal 7inch+ screen for ispeed. Plus the extra ballast on your network if you use a profiler pc etc.

Tomorrow i will check the versions i used.

Cheers
  5. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Here are the version numbers:

- SLIProMgr_094d18c

- iSpeed2.4.0.3

- Force-sender 2.0 (X-Sim version 2.1.0.13)

I also installed IWrap, however i don't use it, because if i remember correctly ISpeed has a IWrap proxy built in, but install it just in case.
    So this is the startup procedure:

ISpeed->SLI-Pro manager->X-Sim force-sender->IRacing.

Regards