1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Clarification on x-simulator system

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by alex92010, Jan 14, 2012.

1. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good evening everyone, I'm new in the world x-simulator, I'm a little confused in the system programming and recording of the axes of my simulator.
    I have 2 wiper motors but I have no idea how to connect to my computer.
    The purpose of my simulator is to simulate a moving video, so I only used the program videomotion plugin, although I know that everything is configured using the Force to use profiler and I do not know, someone could tell me to use electronic materials, where to buy and how to program the system to emulate video?
    I have a joystick for movement, even if I have not configured anything.
    I am Italian, I apologize for the translated lexicon.
    Greetings, alex92010 :sos: :sos: :sos: :thbup:
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I am not sure of how to get it to work on the video plug in, but as for motor controller hooking up, the easiest option is the Pololu JRK 12v12 http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1393 , one usb cable and 7 wires. One per motor. Several of use use them to great success with car wipers, winch motors, and golf buggy 12v motors.
    pololu-jrk-12v12-t2697.html refer to this post, read ALL the pages.
    Any other questions, just feel free to ask.
  3. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much, but there is something less expensive? even larger .. is really amazing how these things make you pay!
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheaper? Not sure. I spent several months deciding myself. I was going to go down the K8055 + relays path like Bigtalltim, but the headache of setting the board up was not my idea of fun (sorry Bigtalltim).
    There is the Tronic card, if you wish to make the PCB and source the components and sort the issues around what I have read about it (look through any post relating to AMC, tronic). They are cheaper in cost to build apparently.
    Hence going the jrks. Many people here will tell you they are the easiest to set up, and handle more power than actually specified. So for $100 per motor, they are quite cheap considering the abuse a few of us give them. I run mine at max current with no issues (yes 30 amps). I run heatsinks on the big chip and fans on the boards, and they work just fine .( Thanks Eaorobbie).
    Apparently, Pololu are developing a 12v 50 amp jrk, but this is a few months off yet.
    Just holler for help as you need it.
    Cheers, David.
  5. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found an I / O Output controlled by synaptrix 8-bit parallel port.
    I have a computer so new, so I have the parallel port .. can you tell me where can I buy it? Thank you.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What board might you be planning to use?
  7. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that I do not know the name!
  8. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this too is a model I also know the name but I do not know where to buy it .. and I see no USB or serial port to connect to the computer ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe2v6zZ7 ... re=related
    it may take an adapter but I do not know where to find it, I do not know how to configure it .. In short I'd need a real straight at a price not too much .. such as with a card I / O serial port that does not cost much ..
  9. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  10. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, thanks! then you can not buy already assembled? Thank you again for your support, I'll know.
  11. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One other thing .. the pdf is not specified for the base building .. where I procured the base .. the pieces that I have already found all but the base does not know how to get, is already pierced correctly?
  12. alex92010

alex92010 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me in the guide is a request for a 15 volt zener diode 250mW .. I do not find either to die .. you know where you could try? But is not the 3-foot is shaped like resistors.