1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Cheap DD wheel motor question

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by V1nc1, Jan 9, 2022.

1. V1nc1

V1nc1 New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys i have too many questions, I am trying to build a cheap dd wheel, I found a 24v 500w dc motor that can produce 1.9nm at 2500 rpm the question is will it produce more torque when racing (maybe 200rpm)?if it's not possible i have found a 36v 1kw dc motor the problem is i dont know if bts7960 can handle 36v
  2. K120_Enthusiast

K120_Enthusiast Member

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The 1.9 N.M motor won't produce more torque at a lower speed, because that is probably the stall torque figure, the torque a motor produces when it's powered on but physically can't rotate. And for the BTS7960, I think it can't handle more than 24 volts, but you can power the 36v motor with 24 volts, it will just produce less torque. My advice is if you have the motors and the BTS7960, try it, the 1.9 N.M motor might be weak, but it will make the wheel spin, and will probably provide some enjoyment until you can get something better. I don't know about the 36v motor but it might be powerful enough on 24v to be good enough for sim racing, so give it a try.
    Here is a calculator you can use to approximate the torque of a motor. https://binsfeld.com/power-torque-speed-conversion-calculator/
  3. fzxj520

fzxj520 Active Member

Balance:
    1,341Coins
    Ratings:
    +88 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF